Pros and cons @ Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by UpstateFreight, Apr 16, 2016.

1. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Just wanting to know the scuttlebutt from present and past drivers @ Roehl. I'm interested in flatbed and have already applied and spoke with a recruiter. I've put in applications a couple other companies too. Roehl seems to stick out to me for some reason, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad. My attention just always seems to gravitate back towards this company when searching for work. Anyways, the recruiter told me I'd go through advanced training in Gary, Indiana and be on a 11 out / 3 off schedule. Which seems a little to good to be true. With the last company I was with, I did 5 weeks out and got 5 days off. Which was really 4 full days off the first day was spent in transit home. I live in the northeast, but for some reason they said only national is available in my area. I know this thread is probably all scatter brain lol but cut me some slack here, I drove 600 miles yesterday and then jumped on the old Greydog heading home. Any information from current or past Roehl drivers is very much appreciated!
    Stay safe out there convoy!
    ~Endeavor to Persevere~
    Cheers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Whatever you do, don't fall prey to their leasing scam programs. Not saying Roehl is a bad company, and that you shouldn't be a company driver there, but just avoid the rent-a-job trap

4. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Roehl is pretty true to their word. I have been here almost a year and am happy. 11 out 3 home is one of the options for hometime. They are good about getting you home on time. Roehl trains you well and helps you succeed. Keep a good attitude, be available when they need you and communicate, communicate, communicate. There are a LOT worse places to start than Roehl.

Lawdog71 Thanks this.
  5. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Thanks for the input. What are some of the things that you don't enjoy about Roehl? (If there are any?) And yes I know that for sure I was with PAM for four months.

6. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Tbh I've thought about leasing, but, then after reading so many threads on this site about people who fail. I've abandoned the idea completely. If I ever do end up trying a lease it wouldn't be until next year and I'd go with ATS.

7. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    There are times when Customer service/dispatching and the customer are not on the same page. ie: I show up at a customer and MY load assignment says I am to be at the customer's at 1400 and the customer says "You were supposed to be here at 1000." This has lead to long waits at times. Or, I am sent for a drop and hook and the customer says "....back into door 14". Dispatch did not allow time for a live load which makes me late on the next load and beyond at times. But, all that is BS found with all companies not just Roehl. Just communicate, communicate, communicate in a professional friendly manner.

Best advice for any company.....be professional and friendly with all communication. Your customers are both internal and external. Be professional with all customers and you will be well cared for with Roehl.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    cidray, UpstateFreight and TB John Thank this.
  8. tdriver1984

tdriver1984 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Honestly roehl has miles I never had to sit and wait much most loads were preplanned. My last year with roehl was good I had a good fleet manager . That's what will make or brake you. I live on the south home time was a hit or miss. I live way back in the sticks so they did try there best to get me home. I will say the safe seven program is really a good tool. Nice equipment if I ever had a issue with truck or trailor it got fixed. Now they are a big company so with that being said it is micromanagement at its best but that's trucking.

9. tdriver1984

tdriver1984 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2016
    But if you can handle the micromangment then I will say you will do good. I flatbeded 3 years for them. Good luck

10. nordrunner

nordrunner Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    63 mph trucks, wages will become stagnet after a year and a half. Good starter company but long term you'll want to move on.

11. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    I was denied to return to my former company, so I am leaning towards ROEHL as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.