Prostar check engine light will not clear

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by habfleet, Aug 17, 2015.

1. habfleet

habfleet Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    I have a 2012 prostar w/max force 13 engine, engine brk not functioning , check engine light on. Scan ecm ,#1 comp brk solenoid low value second code ECM D-12 connection. REplace solenoid engine brk working fine. Cleared codes no light. But light and same codes continue to come up intermittenly. Engine brk is still working. When I scan it the codes are in the inactive file and there are no active codes. Seems the light comes on when the brk pedal is activated after some time of use. Any ideas please

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    @Heavyd is your best hope.... If he's still around

4. habfleet

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    I HOPE HE WOULD RESPOND HE KNOWS HIS INTERNATIONALS

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Hello. Engine compression brake faults detected in the ECM will not turn on the check engine light. The check engine is being caused by your second fault. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the description you provided. The ECM does not have any "D" connections, only C and Es. Do you have an actual spn and fmi number for that code? I don't see anything "D-12" related in the fault descriptions.

6. habfleet

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    scanned the trk this am no check eng light on althought the driver said it was inactive code came up that I have tried to clear 4 times spn 1072 fmi 4 driver is know saying doesn't think engine brk is as strong as it should be.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    1072-4 is Engine compression brake #1. Description shows short to ground or open circuit. The engine brakes are not the best in these to begin with. Is the driver saying the engine brakes are worse than what they use to be, or is he comparing this to a different truck?
    Is the 1072-4 the only code you are getting?

8. Vtow1

Vtow1 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2017
    What is spn 1442 fmi 2. I was told by someone that put the laptop on it that the icp was bad so i replacedd the icp sensor now just have to get the light to reset

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
  10. Flat_broke

Flat_broke Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2016
    Anybody help me. Got a 2013 prostar with the bendix wingman. Getting a upside down triangle and 42 module on driver display. My cruise won't work either

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Module 42 is the headway controller which is basically the radar unit mounted in the front bumper. The dash will display this when it loses communication with it. It is common for corrosion to form in the connector at this unit. Disconnect it, inspect for any severe corrosion. If it is bad enough, you'll have to get the harness repaired, if not, apply some dielectric grease and try it out. Other than that, you'll have to get the code scanned to see what is going on.

Flat_broke and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.