Protest At Weigh Stations

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by terryg247, Sep 22, 2016.

1. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    real bulk haulers aren't super truckers

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A set of electronic load cells on each side of all axles of a rig installed to a display to read total weight in real time will save the aggravation. Sheesh.

So Canada is waking up to very large numbers to read that high. Wonderful. Install those electronic weight sensors in your dump trucks. One set of those is equal to a big over weight ticket. EH?

magoo68 Thanks this.
  4. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

Sounds the wackos from the Ministry of Labor have been to dinner one too many times with idiots from California.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  5. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Have you actually hauled gravel? How exactly does some loader in a 980 cat take off 2 tons? He doesn't. He tells you to dump the whole load off and go to the back of the line. Any of the pits i had the pleasure of going to only had platform scales and were usually elevated and god help you if you tried to axle scale there. Not defending these guys but those GTA scales are throwing around 400 dollar tickets like there water. You dont here about tge others bevause the gravel haulers are the only ones to raise a fuss over it. The rest of us just roll over and pay the fine or avoid the scales altogether.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Those electronic on-board scale systems don't seem to stand up to rugged terrain. One of our guys has it hauling grain. After two years of troubles he took it off and just uses the standard air pressure gauges.
    $2,000 down the drain.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    They have them on all the logging trucks around here and they are traversing rugged terrain.

8. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    This is a good thread ..... but I had to stop 'Thanking' all the posts after the first page ........

Is this rocket science ...... or trucking .... ?

Where in the #### has the common sense gone ........ ?

Yeah, I know, don't answer that question .....

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive hauled gravel. And yes we had a tagger on our super 500 mack, oh the joys of that 15 speed forward and reverse... and a engine that was a 18 wheeler in prior service lug it down to 900.

Anyway...

If you are a touch heavy, dump a dallop. Loader does not pay any mind. A scoop back onto the pile.

Not too long ago, I was the CAT 936 front end loader working with stone trucks in our outfit Razorback. It turned out to be a absolute joy, something that I should have done from 21 years old. But it is what it is. I can climb into that cat and get to work slugging rock and sand all day right now no problem.

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Which ones you guys use ? He had this one:
    http://www.air-weigh.com

11. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    I can load my truck almost perfect just off air gauges. We have a detailed one like on trailers on the truck instead of the useless one that comes with kenworths

Dye Guardian, Macneil and orcen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.