PTLs' current offering for recent class-A CDL graduates.

Discussion in 'PTL' started by CDL-A, Feb 11, 2014.

1. CDL-A

CDL-A Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Ohio
    My rusty math skills say this is going to allow a weekly salary just barely north $300.00 weekly after taxes; I could be wrong.
    -
    -
    Phase 1: 6-8,000 miles with a trainer @ .15 CPM. (2-3 weeks) In between phase 1 and phase 2 you will earn 2-3 days of home time.

Phase 2: 30,000 miles team driving with another trainee @ .15 CPM. (8-12 weeks) You will earn home time, but will be out at least 3 weeks at a time.

Once you complete the training program, you will be assigned your own truck starting out at .33 CPM getting about 2,500-3,000 miles per week. The average home time while OTR will be 2 weeks out and for every week you are out you will earn 1 day of home time.

Looking for a company to start a driving career with?
    We are a 100% employee owned Kentucky based company, with just over 1,000 company trucks and around 3,000 trailers.

TRAINING PROGRAM
    PTL has a paid mileage based training program. There are two phases of the program and once completed, we offer one of the best First Seat starting pay programs in the industry.

PAY SCALE
    PTL pays per mile! We pay ALL dispatched miles and they are paid loaded and unloaded.
    We get paid weekly at PTL. We pay bonus for Haz-Mat!

EQUIPMENT
    We have newer-model, well-maintained equipment! We assign all of our equipment, so you take that truck home with you! We have state of the art electronics, including GPS and APUs.

RUNNING AREA
    We do not run any Pacific Northwest at all, and we do not force dispatch into the northeast states or
    New York City
    . Because we do not force freight in the northeast, we pay extra for these loads!
    Our heavy traffic area is the eastern half of the United States.

HOMETIME
    Our drivers earn one day home for every six days out.

BENEFITS
    We have major medical and dental. We also issue a free life insurance policy the first day of orientation
    at NO extra charge to you or your family! After six months of employment you will be eligible to participate in PTL's 401k program! Because we’re employee owned, we also have an employee stock ownership plan.

RIDER POLICY & PETS
    PTL has a FREE rider program and also allow you to bring a dog under 100 pounds on the truck!

ORIENTATION
    We hold a two and a half day PAID orientation in Murray, KY at our corporate headquarters.
    You will get $150 after you complete orientation and accept your first load.

Chinatown, Mev, Bella21 and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Doesn't sound too bad...
    ...pets are cool,it's lonesome out here
    ...401K is a plus
    ...gotta start somewhere.

4. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Did they tell you about the 6 cents forced per diem.

5. CDL-A

CDL-A Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Ohio
    The original post was more of a current/update type (of post). The point or focus of that post was the calculated/estimated weekly salary; after taxes. Lets says we agree that $335.00 would be your net. Now devide that by seven (7) days. It would then appears you would have $47.86 daily (rounded up), to live on. This would be taking place for the 12-15 weeks indicated in the original post.

Please correct me if I am looking at this wrong, but it seems that even a single adult is going to have some serious issues to deal with trying to maintain rent and utilities at home while also maintaining his/her person and needs OTR.

I didn't intend on this being a thread, but, it is what it is ...

They did not. The original posting was info via email. Have not committed yet.

6. rcd127

rcd127 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Madison, AL
    Well actually when you go solo its 12CPM.

7. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    It's looking like I'm going to be going to PTL once I get back in the drivers seat a few months from now. This will be my 2nd go round in the industry but I come to it with a new perspective & set goals I want to achieve. PTL looks like a good place to start working my way back to where I want to be.

And truthfully it can be much worse. Their are many drivers who go to a company looking for a stepping stone & find a career. That happened to me the 1st time & I threw it all away. Never again will I be so reckless.

Leftnut Thanks this.
  8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    How much is the referral bonus ???

How is their safety record ??

9. daybyday

daybyday Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2014
    PTL forces drivers to give 12CPM per diem?? Am I reading that right? I also heard they charge drivers $2000 if they quit before they run 100,000 for the company. Is that true too?

10. snoopy7284

snoopy7284 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Talk with a recruiter at ptl n done some research.gonna call ptl fri n set up orientation date.I like what I fount out so far n ive talked with a few ptl drivers too.heard nothing but good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.