Publix distribution centers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ronrdrcr

ronrdrcr Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Burlington, WI
    Cool, the wife and I will be back in town this coming summer to visit family (Auburndale and Winter Haven). Can't wait for some heat, it's getting a little cold out here.

Ron

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danelady

danelady Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I'll be unloading at the Jacksonville Publix tonight..curious to see if its any better this time. Last time the lumper pulled me to the side and hit me up for extra money. I still sat for 8hrs and then had to leave the property and look for a parking spot...at night...in Jacksonville. Hope the Walmart still allows truck parking.

4. danelady

danelady Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Well pee on my leg and tell me its a rainin'...I was in and out of Publix the other night!
    FANTASTIC!

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I emailed Publix a few weeks ago praising them for their fantastic treatment of us, the common carriers. Fast, courteous, and professional. Words that do not describe many of their competitors. They responded with this....

(my name) thank you for the kind words regarding our treatment of drivers. We see the carrier community as our business partners and I hope all of your dealing with us are pleasant and professional. I will be passing on your message to all of our warehouses so that we may continue the good work. Thanks again and please let me know if your experience with us is ever less than what you expect.

Sincerely,

Richard Schuler
    Vice President of Distribution
    Publix Super Markets Inc.

Great folks, it's a shame they don't have any locations in Texas where I live.

danelady and angeleyesinfl Thank this.
  6. greenpete

greenpete Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2010
    RCANSAW
    i think deerfield beach is ok if if are just kicking a few skids off and you are doing it yourself. i go to dacula every other week and i am not very fond of the fresh side. i usual have 4-5 skids that break down to 15-18, i do it myself takes me 45 minutes to an hour and i have never got my paperwork back sooner than an 3 hours. plus the girl at the recieving desk told me one time i had 45 minutes to get it done(i never asked the question, "or what") plus the want you to back in your door with the doors shut, so they can verify the seal. t -total bs.

7. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

Load up Google Maps and look for Imeson Park Blvd off of Busch Drive. if you are coming from 95, turn left, or east on Imeson Park off of Busch. This road is real wide, it's essentially a driveway into an industrial park, I think it used to be an airstrip. But there is plenty of room to park on the shoulder of the road. I've never been bothered. Jacksonville has two truck stops, neither one of them has a very big parking lot. Then there is the Pilot and TA west of town, both of which fill up pretty early. I normally make a bee line for my not so secret spot off Busch Dr if I ever need a parking spot in JAX late at night.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  8. Dubud

Dubud Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Gleason, TN
    I deliver on a regular basis to Publix and find that without exception you will get backed into a door and 4 to 5 hours later you will finally get your signed bills.
    I haul produce, but have hauled frozen. Same results.

9. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Im headed to the publix in deerfield beach. Where can you park for the night around there?

10. TrailerTruckin

TrailerTruckin Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Somewhere in lower 48
    The produce market at pompano beach is probably the best place to hang out for the nite lots of parking out back and a nice little cafe (or it used to be) anyway right there in the market by the entrance/exit

rachi Thanks this.
  11. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    how do you get to the produce market in pompano beach? Is it off I-95?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.