Purchase a new 2016 VNL670 Volvo truck

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by JC hart, Jul 28, 2015.

1. JC hart

JC hart Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I recently purchase a new volvo truck and there is some leakage on the airbags while the truck is not in commission. My question is; is this normal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
  4. JC hart

JC hart Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Dealer said that the air bags will lose some air while not in commission but when operating, it will fill up. Said the new trucks were design that way. Let me know because I don't want any problem with a new truck.

Best regards,
    JC

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    taxihacker66 Thanks this.
  5. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Okay well that's a new one. So the air bags blead off air when you park it?

6. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Just talked to Volvo service department in Mississauga on . Expressway trucks . There is no new design that bleeds off air. When you park the truck and come back to it has the air leaked down to where the low air warning device is on ?

7. JC hart

JC hart Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Okay, I am new to this. Someone told me that the airbag is not suppose to deflate while parked. Is there an instrument that the truck has to deflate it or is it suppose to stay solid like the one in the pic. I dont have the image of the bags deflated but basically it not solid/rigid as the pic.

Attached Files:

8. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Its not supposed to loose air.

9. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    There is a suspension dump valve in most trucks

10. JC hart

JC hart Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I just read a pdf on the Introduction on Air Suspension. They said that as weight is lifted from the suspension air is exhausted. I not sure but if anyone can give me some detail on this I can speak to the dealer that sold me the truck. The tractor does not have any trailer attach to it. It looks like the pic below but sags more.

Very respectfully,
    JC

Link :http://www.hwhcorp.com/Intro_to_Air_Suspensions.pdf

Paragraph:
    How the air suspension functions. The vehicle is supported on the frame with an arrangement of air bags. The vehicle air system, engine air compressor, tanks, lines, etc., supplies air to the height control valves (HCV) mounted to the frame of the vehicle. The height control valves are connected to the air bags with an air line. The linkage which connects the HCVs to the axles rotates the HCV valving as it moves up and down. When weight is added to the vehicle or transferred through the suspension of the vehicle, the air in the air bag(s) is compressed, the frame moves closer to the axle. This forces the HCV linkage up. As the linkage moves up, the valving of the HCV connects the air supply to the air bag(s). The added pressure and volume inflates the air bag(s), causing the frame to move away from the axle. As the frame moves back to the proper ride height, the HCV linkage moves to the neutral position. This moves the valving away from the air supply and locks the air in the air bag to maintain the proper ride height. As weight is removed from the vehicle or the suspension shifts weight away, the existing pressure in the air bag(s) can push the frame away from the axle. The HCV linkage is pulled down. This connects the air bag(s) to the HCV exhaust port. As air is exhausted from the air bag(s), the frame lowers back down towards the axle. As the linkage moves up to the neutral position, the exhaust port is closed and the air is again locked in the air bag(s), maintaining proper ride height.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Could be just a loose fitting anywhere on the AIR SUSPENSION that leaks air , as long as the truck is running the air is replentished but when it sits and not running the air leaks out deflating the bags , had it a few times on NEW KW's and FRLRS,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.