purdy brothers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by flatbedder, Oct 1, 2008.

1. dehumand

dehumand Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    America
    Because my shoes got full. Lies Lies Lies. And not only a Guns And Roses album.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dehumand

Jan 4, 2013
    America
    Do you work for them anj8488? And pay is at .41 to start. Comparable, competitive, good as some, and not good as others.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Nope, just curious.

5. dehumand

Jan 4, 2013
    America
    Wouldn't have any insight into crst malone lease/purchase would ya? Or any good op to do s?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. ratkins

ratkins Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    TN
    I worked for them bout 1 1/2yr ago good company pays good an insurance good equipment.. I quit cuz I hated e-logs an 63 mph but its coming to all companies.. really considering going back to them pay is up to .46cpm now an that's pretty good an you do get home regularly.. but its just my opinion..

7. nonyabiz

nonyabiz Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2016
    They say no forced dispatch but never give you any options otherwise.
    I am on a medication that makes you tired of you do not take it everyday as prescribed and I had my prescription partially filled due to a natural disaster preventing the prescription from being filled all of the way and instead of giving me the time to wait and get filled completely, LCT rushed me back out on the road and put me in this situation to begin with! Now I am asking for a 34 hour reset and they are acting like I am making this all up? So we are having a meeting this morning and I am quitting if they don't put me back on reefer. I have a clean PSP/MVR so there is no reason to prevent me from running reefer. I went to a sister company RWH trucking to wait for an opening, that didnt work out, then I came to Tennessee and worked for Loudon County Trucking, flatbed, to wait for an opening at Purdy Bothers and they have lied to me consistently about there being no openings at Purdy but they keep hirinng OTHER people and overlooking me?? They run their flatbed/Conestoga drivers in day cabs. Now they preach about distracted driving while on your cell phone texting and whatnot? But now they want to make you stay in a hotel room every night and therefore have to search for a room while driving. Which is what most drivers are going to do regardless of what they preach you shouldn't when put in that scenario. So basically this is a set up from the beginning, not to mention, now you have to take the extra time to pack and unpack everyday to do this and you are not always going to find a hotel in time day to day depending on where you are. So this creates several more problems on top of everything else we deal with as an OTR driver...

8. nonyabiz

nonyabiz Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Day 1 the truck I was assigned had a chipped windshield, no oil in the motor and should have been out of service. I even wrote it up on the E-Logs DVIR to get it fixed or it had to be "out of service" and they still ignored it!! The driver before me destroyed the transmission because the 10 speed did not want to shift into any gear most of the time.. the truck was so dirty inside I did not want to drive it. The guy before me did not know how to shower! the smart idle feature is horses@#t. I was told I was getting an automatic the next time I was in Tennessee and that was but yet another lie. I changed driver managers and all the sudden no one knew anything about the things I needed changed, cleaned, or repaired..
    Like any other OTR company it is hit or miss on how you will be treated. Personally I would not suggest Loudon County Trucking or Purdy Brother's to ANYONE...!

roadhammer123 Thanks this.
  9. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    Thanks for the info i was supposed to be there next Tuesday

10. TruckerTwitch

TruckerTwitch Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I work for them now. It's 27% of the load. Not paid for empty miles. Not always paid for break down stuff. Typically i run 5.5 days out and i make about 1100-1200 before taxes. 330 of which you dont get taxed for bc its considered per diem. Not the greatest thing in the world but I'm happy for now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.