Quality carriers l/p.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by dupop2, May 31, 2014.

1. MadiJae

MadiJae Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    There's a couple programs at QC. QC lease is the lease purchase and keys to quality is where you get the financing for the truck and everything is in your name, only catch is, quality backs the loan kinda like a co signer. So you do have the option to take your truck to another company IF the other company will agree to take qualitys place as co signer. Or if you can get the financing on your own after being in the truck a little while. The DB Kustoms trucks are all fine and good IF they actually go thru the trucks like they claim to. They've done much better the last little while, but there were a bunch of issues when they first started up. You are getting an older truck usually that has been allegedly completely redone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tweetskillet

Tweetskillet Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Louisville, Ky
    I did it for 2 years. $515 a week truck payment. Low freight rates. Ran my ### off. Stayed out weeks at a time. I averaged about 8 or 9 hundred a week about 8 months into it. They run you good at first then they don't care. He's the deal. $5000 down, they run good til you have $5000 in escrow. You quit, turn truck in. They made $10,000 off of you. DB kustom blocks on FB they don't want our story getting out. They have 64 trucks they've painted so far leased to QC 29 have been returned. You do the math. QC pays 62% of linehaul and 62% of fuel surcharge and detention. DB buys trucks out of Texas oil fields then repaints them and motors cleans interior paints dash, adds new seats puts their logo every where and they sell it for $150,000. Yes 1999 and up year trucks. Stay away. You'll go broke.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I was reading another QC thread today. There was talk of dbkustoms so I took a look at their website. Them sure are some fancy looking trucks. That's all I got to say about that.

5. Tweetskillet

Mar 6, 2010
    Louisville, Ky
    Lmao. Yea, fancy on outside not under the hood.

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Honestly, they might be great trucks but I can tell by looking that they ain't cheap. Those are not trucks for a new or underfunded owner operator. Those trucks are for seasoned, well funded owner operators. If you need QC's assistance to get a truck, those are not the trucks to be looking at...my opinion of course.

7. Tweetskillet

Mar 6, 2010
    Louisville, Ky
    I agree. I started out with a good amount of cash in the bank. Sold my paid off truck. It turned out to be a night mare for me. Others may have better luck. They want around $150-160 per truck.

8. dupop2

dupop2 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    House springs mo
    I almost did the db kustoms deal. I had a regular terminal lease truck and was making good money with. Peterbilt with a paccar. Would have and probably should have stayed with them if it wasn't for the paccar motor. Junk absolute junk. It was a company truck before I leased it and needless to say it was not maintained properly. Not there fault it was mine. I didn't make them go through and clean the dpf Def system. It just about broke me. Sat in the shop the last month I had broken down. Once again, not qualities fault. It was my fault. Naturally I got cold feet and backed out on the db deal I had. They were great people. Refunded me my entire deposit no questions asked. I even referred a friend of mine to them. He is killing it over at quality carriers with a db truck.

RSQ Diver Thanks this.
  9. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Not all QC terminals are affiliates. Most are id say 95% with like 4-5 corporate terminals. Mines a union terminal and we do have owner operators I just never see them. They're from like tx and some other places but that's straight from my terminal managers mouth

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. Newbie-20

Newbie-20 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    Shoot for $150-$160 range, your better off buying a glider kit to your liking cab and sleeper wise, with a warranty, and customize it yourself, all your paying for when you go through DB is a fancy paint job, and the chrome already installed when you sign the dotted line. I've never done the deal, and can't get hired on by QC unfortunately because of where i live, but this is just from my perspective and what i see, and it's what i'd do.

11. Virginia Hillbilly

Virginia Hillbilly Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2014
    NC
    Who else does QC get lease trucks from?

12. BigshotBob

BigshotBob Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Does anyone have any information on the Quality agent that runs terminals in Maryland, and New Jersey. I was thinking about trying to sign on with them out of Baltimore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.