Quality leasing?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wanderer1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. blacklabel

blacklabel Heavy Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    I wasn't saying it is a perfect system BC its not. But it will get me up and going to hopefully save some and pay cash for next one...

ChrisRob23 and stormy379 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    If I was smart in my younger years I would have the credit to finance a truck now. :-(

4. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    What truck did you get?

5. blacklabel

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    2013 386 Cummins and 10speed

stormy379 Thanks this.
  6. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    It can help you get ahead if you work it to your advantage. Just don't go get a brand new truck. When I was going to do it, I chose a 2013 because it was the newest I could get without a balloon payment at the end and it was $450 a week and with insurance and everything was $555 and the truck still had 3 more years of the factory warranty. I saw way too many people walk in the door and say "I need a truck". The recruiters start with the brand new cascadia, pro star, lone star, and T680. They talk them up and tell them $650 a week plus a 60k buyout and they people just say ok and basically sign the papers right there then drive off in the truck. In the 4 days that I was there, that exact scenario happened at a minimum of 20 times. I lost count. Even with the truck I was getting, you find them in Truck Paper for $70k all day long. I was going to end up paying $120k total if I kept it the 5 years.

Get a nice used truck with a cheaper payment. Go over every inch and tell them that you will not take it unless every single thing is fixed on it and do not budge on that. Run it for a year or 2 and bank up 30% of what you need to put down on a truck. Go to a bank that you have used for a long time and get a loan and use your 30% you saved up as the down payment. That can mean the difference in 2% interest and 15% interest.

Also, I don't know if they explained it to anyone else but if your truck goes down a week, you dont pay that week. However, they will double the payment the next week. If you have a $650 payment then the next week you will pay $1300 plus double whatever your insurance is. He said they rarely take less but sometimes they'll work with you and take less than the full payment. So don't go thinking you can take a week off and they just roll that payment to the end of the loan.

7. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Sounds like you got one of the trucks I want (if it was one of the white Hyndmans trucks) except I wanted the 13sp. You got a good one.

blacklabel Thanks this.
  8. blacklabel

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    Yeah white with fairings... No 13s on the lot, and was only Pete. Was kinda hidden as they were painting the parking lot and trucks were all over

9. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Ya that was an old Hyndman truck. It was a Canadian company that Celedon bought out. They kept their trucks up extremely well to be up there with all of the snow and salt.

10. blacklabel

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    I figured was old Werner truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.