Question about Frac Sand hauling. 25% of gross?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by BORNtoROAM, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Krashdragon

Krashdragon Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Cleburne, Tx
    No idea about %..but my next door neighbor hauls sand for Chalk Mountain. She said she started at $14 hr for 14 hrs day.... not sure how many years experience she has, but she's been driving for a while. Hauls her own horse trailer and show horses, too.
    mary

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bifpeg5

Bifpeg5 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Las Cruces NM
    Ok, will take your advice, thank you

4. Bifpeg5

Bifpeg5 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Las Cruces NM
    How do I say "thanks" so it shows on my profile? Any one,,,

5. Bifpeg5

Bifpeg5 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Las Cruces NM
    I have an interview with Silverline out of Odessa Tx. to haul frac sand, any word on Silverline ???

6. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    They're called Rockwater energy now. The guy that will probably interview you, Dirk is a good guy. I made good money out of that division. I'm currently working for their San Antonio division.

Bifpeg5 Thanks this.
  7. Bifpeg5

Bifpeg5 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Las Cruces NM
    My interview is with dirk on Saturday in el paso thanks again, hey what's their work schedule like ?

8. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    They made some changes recently, so i'm not sure. I know they are flexible on days on and off.

Bifpeg5 Thanks this.
  9. Hollywood Tom

Hollywood Tom Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Granbury Tx.
    $20 an hour is pretty good. Our detention rates range from $50 to $75 an hour to the truck I get 25% of that. That's after 2 hrs. we get paid for 14hrs. out of 24hrs on some contracts. Some are full rate for 14 and 1/2 rate for the next 10. Some contracts are on a day rate with no detention you just get that day rate if your sitting every day you sit. Frac companies are trying to keep the detention to a minimum so they're diverting loads to other wells. I sat on a well in Kansas two weeks ago for 53hrs but will only get paid for 31hrs. and Schlumberger wasn't happy. The days of sitting on a well for days are long gone. Thanks to competition that didn't exist 4or 5 years ago. You know the rates are going to hell when companies like Schneider get in. They can't do the job, but by the time they realize it it's to late the rates have been cut. The good old days are gone no more $100,000 a year so if your planning on getting rich forget it. I've been hauling frac sand for 6 years these are my observations

Ben Gunn Thanks this.
  10. Hollywood Tom

Hollywood Tom Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Granbury Tx.
    Been there lots times it's a place to sleep like every other truck stop. I don't trash around so it serves the purpose. Besides there's not an abundance of no driving freight haulers there so that's a plus. The hood tends to stay on your truck longer just saying

11. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    From what I know...here in Canada anyways...the frac sand rates are similar to crude hauling rates. I am in the crude hauling business and have been very interested in getting into hauling sand because of all the paid waiting time. Our rate to the truck here is $110/ hr, some are as low as $95/ hr and most guys are getting 25% of that. I pay my guys 25% of the trucks gross. What kinda rates are trucks getting there in TX for hauling crude or sand??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.