Question for Fuel Haulers and Railroad Crossings.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Getsinyourblood, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    We have placards big 76 logos on the back of our trailers that say proclean gasolines. And people still run up our ### I keep it in the slow lane hit the 4 ways in advance and check those mirrors hate that #### law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Liar, they say "gasolinas procleano"!

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I switch the bumper stickers on the back of our trailers to read " If you can not see me then I can not see you". It has seemed to reduce tailgaters. I know what you mean about stopping. I would much rather just slow down like all the other non-hazmat loads.

Ok, I'll bite. What are the proper shipping names for 6122, 3257.? Because so far I can not find where these materials are even hazmat so you would be classed with the rest of the truck population. That means all you have to do is slow down, not stop. Which most of us agree that slowing down is much more safer than coming to a complete stop. If the other materials are hazmat (where it says so in the book of CFR 49 parts 100 to 177) IAW the law then you do stop.

That's they way the law reads. Now if you do what you think is safer by stopping at all RR crossings then that's your decision. Just be aware that if you are in an accident because you stopped the truck instead of just slowing down you become liable for the money hunger. If the other side's lawyers get wind of it. I don't know if you've ever been to or seen a court trial where a truck driver is involved but the lawyers for the other side seem to have blood on their hands as they rip apart the driver.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    The first one is Tac-22 and the second is an asphalt/bitumen mix; hot but not hazmat. Perhaps I was not clear, but apologies; in cities I'll roll gently (ergo the "almost") but on our Ohio country roads chances are I'm the only one within a 1/4 mile, and yes, I do stop. I haul a lot of Class-8 corrosives which does require the stop so it's kind of ingrained.

I commend you for hauling gas, man. You are correct about the laws. I just mostly stick to the back roads myself within this state; saves me time and traffic. Many have no lights, let alone gates; lucky to see an RxR sign before the approach. (It's also for my safety.)

Old habits die hard, point taken though.

6. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    You stand corrected sir. 20151229_183222.jpg

7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    76 always had the best looking trucks around. I liked those hose tubes, I always thought they were better than the trays. I can't see but it looks like your ends are just like ours. I wanted to go to what Chevron had and that's where the fittings stay connected to the hose and have their own place to secure. Never mind, I see the truck and trailer has them you just have to blow up the picture to see them. I guess we didn't change because we had to switch fittings all the time from the two in one back to the single. I see you have your work lights pointed to the fills. A little trick that doesn't get used very much. I always had it pointed where I wanted to stop. Once I got out of the truck I wasn't moving until it was time to go. How many clipboards you loose when you forgot and left it on the drawbar? My score is 1. Nice truck.

Cali kid and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ah so you got one of the English language versions, nice :biggrin_2559:

Big Don and Cali kid Thank this.
  9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Thanks yes this is one of the best looking trucks we have left most of the others the decals are faded. I wish they would still polished the tanks like they use too but at least the wheels are. Our fittings stay hooked to the hoses and I like the hose tubes too having used trays at my old job. So far never lost a clipboard knock on wood lol.

10. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I never thought that stopping at RR tracks was a problem. The RR tracks I've come across are on back roads or going through towns. Traffic is minimal and the speed limit is 45 or under.

11. No5id3Fried

No5id3Fried Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Sacramento Ca
    I drive a tanker on the tracks,and my truck does not always shunt the signals,The trains always bring down the gates from a distance but a lot of hirail vehicles take time and sometimes have to wait at the crossing for the gates to dro

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.