Question for Fuel Haulers and Railroad Crossings.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Getsinyourblood, Feb 25, 2016.

1. BACON XXL

BACON XXL Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Highland Co. Ohio
    @Cali kid Not trying to be a ####, but do you all have to use vr? Really just wondering...

Cali kid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Yeah we do but if you're referring to the short hose picture with no vapor recovery that was Diesel.

BACON XXL Thanks this.
  4. BACON XXL

BACON XXL Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Highland Co. Ohio
  5. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    In Canada they lonely stop for UN controlled RR crossings. It should be the same way here but this country is going to bury all industry in this country with all the regulations.

6. Shanechristopher

Shanechristopher Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2016
    In canada you don't have to stop if the crossing has arms on it

Derailed and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  7. Shanechristopher

Shanechristopher Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Not knowing when the law was put in place for stopping at railroad crossings but guessing occured when there was no signals.railroad company should pay to put signals so we don't have to stop but since they don't want the liability and not forced to cover the liability because of the corrupt politicians it probably will never happen

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  8. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Most trailers should have the stop at RR crossing decal. If not I always put my hazards on well before the crossing. If you're riding my ### I'm jumping the track. I'd rather live to flick you off than be a victim of illiteracy/ignorance.

G13Tomcat and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    So far there is only 1 set of tracks I will never stop for under any circumstances. 14/18 around Madison WI. There's a frickin railroad track running across the 6 lane highway.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is also a regulation, 392.11 that says that ALL trucks (non hazmat) must slow down enough to be able to stop before the tracks until they can see both directions to make sure it is clear. I know places with trees nearly up to the highway that you would almost be stopped before you can see both directions. I've never seen this law enforced there but it goes with a license suspension so I hope I never do.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.