Question from India about trucking in North Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Amipro, Jul 25, 2016.

1. dutchieinquebec

dutchieinquebec Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Granby.QC
    amipro. just a short story my Canadian wife told me.
    in Nunavut it is a habbit for the woman there to cut and eat the b*lls of strange single men. it would give them more power and something against the cold......

Be carefullllll

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    With all due respect to the fellow who asked this question, in our most populated province, Ontario, there have been problems with truck drivers who have come from your particular part of the world.

Speaking from personal experience, there is a section of highway that runs through northwestern Ontario to Manitoba that is known to be treacherous during winter. It is considered a certainty that any time a truck is involved in a serious accident along that section in winter, the driver will have come from a country where either Hindi or Arabic is spoken. In many cases, immigrant truckers in Canada do not appear to either know or care about our rules, regulations, societal norms, and customs, nor are they much inclined to learn them. They are also not experienced in driving in winter conditions like ours, which are most easily compared to Northern Europe, although conditions are frequently more severe in Canada. For this reason and many others, there is a decidedly anti-immigrant and specifically anti-Hindi and anti-Arabic feeling among Canadian truckers.

If you are specifically inquiring about trucking in northern Canada, you should know that many roads are only passable when frozen in winter. Temperatures frequently drop to lower than -40 Celsius. This is sometimes referred to loosely as "ice road trucking" and it is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart.

upnorthwpg, Cat sdp and Amipro Thank this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Try China.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Just a regular Ft. Mac winter morning.
    IMG040.jpg

clausland, tucker and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I think Bison Transport and TransX both in Winnipeg have the sort of program you are looking for. They generally do not go up into the territories, mostly across Canada or into the USA.
    One tip about winter driving, you can't be in a hurry. I've had two hour trips take nine hours. A friend had a twelve hour trip take five days.

Amipro Thanks this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Usa isn't a good option either......

8. 1Diesel

1Diesel Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Toronto
    Amipro,

Do NOT listen to these guys who tell you there is no shortage of drivers. Everyone here knows that companies are begging for drivers. They will even pay you a bonus to join.

YES there is a shortage of drivers.

Now keep in mind some of these people here may not like Indo-Canadian truckers sharing the road for whatever reason. This is why they will tell you to work in fast food or a convenience store... ask them why are they not working there?

You may want to get some experience here first and be very careful in the winter. Do NOT try to go too far north. I would stay close to the city of Toronto and surrounding areas to start.

One more thing, I've been born and raised here and can see why most dislike immigrants (even though they won't admit it) is because immigrant kids are the ones who are becoming more successful then the kids born here... look at how many Indian doctors we have here?

Friday, Amipro and uncleal13 Thank this.
  9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    magoo68 Thanks this.
  10. Amipro

Amipro Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    1Diesel: Thank you for addressing my specific question and answering it.

I also thank each and every person who took the effort to reply to my question. I welcome brickbats and bouquets, but would appreciate it if we stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. :)

Although I cannot call myself successful if I am inquiring about driving trucks in Canada, If I ever do come to Canada, my daughter will definitely rank among the successful ones there simply because we inculcate the values of steady effort early in life. I rose up from poverty by dint of my hard work. My daughter will get a chance to rise ever higher.

Amipro

Friday Thanks this.
  11. dutchieinquebec

dutchieinquebec Road Train Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Granby.QC
    good luck Amipro, to you and your daughter, sorry i can not help you.

Amipro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.