question

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Rex012, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't where to post this question but since since it's sort of related to jb hunt I'll post here. I'm looking in to buying a 2008 freightliner century daycab. Its a used ex jb hunt intermodal truck judging by the ramps on the chasssis. Anyway my question is how good are these trucks maintained??? The truck has about 440k miles. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Run away.

Rex012 Thanks this.
  4. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    In terms of scheduled maintenance, my experience with JB (as a company driver) they are pretty much on top of getting the b-services done every 30 or 40k miles. It used to be every 30k but they recently upped it to 40k within the last year. As for daycabs, I don't know what the service interval is. But all that is about scheduled maintenance.

About all the non-DOT stuff, that is really a crap shoot. It really depends on the drivers A) writing it up and B) the shop actually fixing it.

My advice is though is go over that truck with a fine toothed comb and take it to reputable mechanic to have him take a look over too.

ewill71 and Rex012 Thank this.
  5. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    yeah what ebola said.... The service part is there, the service records should be available for it. as with any 8 year old truck really reall look it over....

Rex012 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.