Questions (2) about Conway TL/XPO/?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Walt NJ, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Walt NJ

Walt NJ Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Wantage, NJ
    1. I can live with driving 65 mph. What are the HP ratings of the engines?

2. What is the point system I see mentioned?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I don't know the horsepower of the truck....and honestly never mattered to me....if I'm heavy its 35 miles per hour going up steep hills....once in awhile it gets down to 25 miles an hour but they have to be pretty steep.

I have heard some noises about a point system. I have heard there are good points and bad points. I never ask anybody to tell me what it is or how it works.

I deliver loads, when I don't have a load I asked for one...when I quit they asked me to come back...guess I had enough good points

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    The autos are horrid. You'll be going 25 on those baby hills west of st Louis...its sad.

I've seen the points on the driver profile screen.
    I never bothered to ask the rating system.

4 wheeler Complaints
    Preventable accidents/tickets
    Late loads
    Cussing at the office employees
    Drop your points.

I think its if you go -15 they fire you.
    Go negative they call you in for threats and training.

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    I love my automatic T680. I have never had any difficulty getting up hills. I have never had any difficulty getting up pills. I don't mind at all driving 65 mph, but then I'm from Pennsylvania not Texas. Instead, however, I drive 62 or 63 mph and get points. The points are FuelOpps points. As with truckstop rewards, you can spend your FuelOpps points on merchandise or even buy a loaded credit card with it.

6. CargoWahgo

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Mr double yellow gave a good review of fuelopps.
    He was the #1 ranked driver at one point. Look it up in the forum (sorry about have to weed thru my complaining lol)

Just remember that is earned income and "supposed" to be reported on your taxes. (Though noone does it)

Fuelopps wins with a scam
    Company wins with write offs
    Driver gets a blender and thinks they win.

If you ever had a chance to drive one of the red 600's with a cat 13 you'd know what you are missing out on pulling hills. Those trucks were beast mode I tell ya.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  7. will cullen

will cullen Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Hmm. Thought the fuel ops point system was dropped when xpo took over, when I drove for conway truckload t680 with 13 speed. Did ok on hills but don't like the single drive axel's.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  8. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    yes those fuel opps points will put you ina higher income tax bracket..lol

CargoWahgo Thanks this.
  9. CargoWahgo

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Lol yeah I know right.

But in reality if the IRS really wanted to they could audit all the drivers and check what Conway paid fuelopps for.
    Get em a nice small chunk in fines.
    Those paid for company meals are supposed to be claimed. They ain't doing that just cause they are nice. XD

free spirited1 and paul_4lp Thank this.
  10. Walt NJ

Walt NJ Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Wantage, NJ
    Thanks for the info. I live in extreme northwest NJ -north of I-80 and south of I-84 - so hills are part of trucking. And going 65 or slightly less is not an issue for me.

Have you heard anything about TL being sold off to another company? I worked for Menlo Logistics before and I liked the company. But if it's sold to another company, the changes may make it unattractive.

11. sam_j

sam_j Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2013
    The new trailers conway has are completely naked without decals on the side. They have a conway decal on the door but that is it. Makes me think they didn't want to spend money on trailer wraps because this is a temporary relationship.

Dreamboat and paul_4lp Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.