Questions about PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by Ford L8000, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Ford L8000

Ford L8000 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    I'm getting out of the Army in a few months and have a few questions about driving for PTL.

How much is their pet deposit?

What trucks and transmissions do they have?

I've seen that their rider policy states 18 years or older, would my 12 year old daughter be allowed to ride as an exception to policy?

What would be the rough percentage of D&H?

How is their health insurance, worth it, or just get my own policy?

Do the trucks have inverters?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DE36535

DE36535 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Foley, AL
    Can't quote you the pet policy because I don't know that. Trucks are International Prostars with either a 10-speed Eaton or automatic. No exception to their rider policy which is the main reason I left PTL. Rough d&h would run around 30 percent I guess, though that would vary. Company trucks have apu's and inverters in all of them. I didn't care for their insurance but it depends on what you're looking for. It's not a great deal in my opinion.

Thanks for your service.

4. Ford L8000

Ford L8000 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    Thanks for your appreciation of my service, that sucks about the no exception to the rider policy. I guess I'm going to have to keep looking for a company to call home.

5. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    I was an Owner Op for them so don't know much about the company driver side of it but they have some pretty nice tractors from what I could tell. I agree with DE they wont bend on their rider policy, even with O/O. Some of their trailers could use some work. From my experience, they will keep you running and I had quite a bit of D/H. I had a good DM so did very little sitting. My problem with them was staying out for 26 days at a time. I heard a rumor that they were going to start dropping company drivers pay for miles run west of the Mississippi but, like I said, I didn't hear it from them so I don't know how true that was? If they had cut back on the days out, I would probably still be with them. They wasn't that bad to me.

6. DE36535

DE36535 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Foley, AL
    They do, in fact, pay a little less for west of the Mississippi, but solos don't go there much.

Really, look at Prime. Not saying they're the best, but way better than PTL and many others.

7. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Hey Ford did you look at A.N. Webber think they start at .38 cpm for Military.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.