Questions for Chicago and surrounding area based brokers.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Robert Grey, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Robert Grey

Robert Grey Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Chicago,il
    I have some questions for experienced brokers, I opened up a freight brokerage which I build credit on but I'm having trouble finding people to come work for me even after offering partner stakes in the company. Is it hard to get people because the non compete agreements? Or are people are just scared cause I don't own a 3 story building downtown Chicago? You would figure that someone would jump on an opportunity like this no? From what I've been hearing is that a lot of these brokerages pay 40k salaries and like 2-5% commission, how is that even worth it? I've been using the brokerage just to bring freight in to my warehouse and quickly build credit on it, how do I take it to the next level and turn it into a full out brokerage operation? Where do I look for people at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RB Cunningham

RB Cunningham Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I'm not an experienced agent yet, but had a question: What made you go the broker route? Did you start off as an agent under someone else or did you just jump right in as a broker.

4. Robert Grey

Robert Grey Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Chicago,il
    Never worked for a brokerage, always worked in the trucking side, after like 8 years of working in the industry and seeing the increase of salary I was getting I figured I must be making them a lot more so I decided to start doing what I did there but just selling the loads to them from me just working for my self... Then it just grew from there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.