Radio/Antenna Combo

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Logan Spoo, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Logan Spoo

Logan Spoo Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I have a cobra 29 ltd classic and am looking at getting the wilson trucker t2000 antenna. My question is whats the difference between having the 5' shaft or 10' shaft? Better range? Also wondering if a mirror mount will have to be bought for this or can be screwed into stock mount provided on truck. The truck is a mack granite dumptruck and planned on mounting on the passenger mirror since that door rarely gets opened. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!! Also wondering if anyone noticed a big difference in buying the coax cable from wilson's site vs a different brand coax. Thanks!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    The different shaft lengths are really just to get the load up higher for better performance. It really depends on your truck and I'm not familiar with your truck. If you have the old style, westcoast mirrors, and mount it on top, I'd say the 5" shaft is plenty. To me, the longer the whip, everything else being equal, the better the performance should be although it may be so close you can't really tell them apart.

4. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    That truck should have conventional west coast mirrors.

5. Logan Spoo

Logan Spoo Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Yes it does have the west coast mirrors on it

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    If the body of the truck is steel, a wilson 5000 roof mount would be a great performer on that truck. anything else is a drastic compromise.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.