rand mcnally 530 charger

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kolorado, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Kolorado

Kolorado Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    the charger fell apart on my gps 530 only 4 months old.. i bought a decent charger but it worked for a few hours now when i try to plug it in it turns white i'm not sure what the little black circular box is on the charger cord. But the one i bought doesn't have it i'm guessing that's why it not working right. Asked someone if i could use there's for a sec to make sure i didn't fry my gps and then it turns on works fine but i try the other cord the screen turns white again ... anyways ive had a dashcam cords fall apart after 6 weeks.. tornado fan charger raddle apart in 2 weeks! and now my gps charger any tips to keep this from happening

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kolorado

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    also is there any truck stops that sell the rand mcnally style charger loves dont carry them..

4. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    TA sells them but you can also go to Rand McNally website and order one too.

Kolorado Thanks this.
  5. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
  6. Kolorado

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
  7. Kolorado

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    ya i stay out a month and take 5 days off and i just came back dont wanna wait that long for a package. do the ones at TA have that little black plastic thing on the cord? guessing it some kinda surge protector?

8. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I assumed it was an inline fuse.

My cord was confusing my GPS into thinking it was plugged into the computer all the time and I would have to restart it, and 50% of the time it it would work, the other half it would go back to the connected to PC screen.

I bought a new cord at the truck stop that seems to work fine, although it seems to have an inline fuse as well.

9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Petro in El Paso used to carry them, saw them recently at a Flying J also... Get the RM cord, it will work, the others do not.

10. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.