Reaching the end of my patience...

Discussion in 'Werner' started by The_Dude, Mar 8, 2015.

1. The_Dude

The_Dude Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I hired on with Werner as a qualified driver. I have been with the company for a little over four weeks. Of those four, maybe four and a half weeks, I've been broke down for three of them. With the f'd up way they do layover, I didn't get a paycheck last week. I'm absolutely furious. I've been told there aren't any other trucks available by my FM. I'm ready to call it a day and go back to my previous employer, though I loathe that idea. I'm presently on week two of my current breakdown.

Any my advice from other Werner drivers? The help I'm getting from the office side is nonexistent.

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Forget about trying to get any help from anyone at Werner,you're talking to a wall with them.They don't care and once you hang up they forget you even called.Better think about going back to your other employer because i'll tell you right now it will not get any better.I went thru the same song and dance with them for 3 yrs.

X-Country, dog-c and The_Dude Thank this.
  4. The_Dude

The_Dude Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    So I'm stranded over 20+ hours away from home at the Atlanta terminal with my wife. What are we supposed to do? She doesn't drive. She's on disability.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Unfortunately you'll have to sit there till tomorrow.Is Werner furnishing you a hotel?I would request hometime once you get home clean your truck out then tell Werner you're quitting and you'll bring the trk back to the terminal.Don't tell them your plan because Werner will not route you home,they'll force you to resign at the terminal and you'll have all your stuff to have to worry how you going to get it all home.If you dread going back to your other employer then start applying to different companies right now.You have access to the internet.

X-Country, collegebratt5 and The_Dude Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Werner is one on the lowest paid starter companies there is as well as the most sitting especially for otr drivers.You're either sitting waiting for trk to get fixed,sitting waiting for swap to show up,sitting once you split the load at a terminal or drop yard,sitting waiting for a load once you're empty,sitting waiting for those so called mechanics to do a pm that's a 2 day wait.I have never took a reset from running too hard its always been waiting for this and that.

The_Dude Thanks this.
  7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Where
    Every
    Rig
    Needs
    Excessive
    Repairs

joseph1135, Bumper and Puppage Thank this.
  8. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Do 6 months and then apply to Schneider. Much better company.

The_Dude Thanks this.
  9. The_Dude

The_Dude Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    We're in a hotel.

The reason why I made the move to Werner was that I didn't need to do retraining, I already did seven months at PAM. I didn't have to redo training which was a huge bonus. I had a friend here that's been with Werner for four years plus. I know your first couple of years is all about paying your dues, but this is excessive. I can't support us like this. I'm just about at the end of the rope, you know? We lost our house at PAM. Everything we own is now in a storage garage. We're living gypsy-style now out of the truck. She's in disability limbo and can't work, but isn't receiving benefits yet.

I'm at my wit's end.

10. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Sounds like Werner gots you right where they want you...no house, no pay check, no money..yea you might come UP if you hit the off-ramp with your will work for food card board sign..Sucks to be that broke and you will stay that way if you stay at werner..

rachi and The_Dude Thank this.
  11. The_Dude

The_Dude Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I've heard good things about Crete/Schaffer. I just don't want to be seen as a fence jumper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.