Reaching the end of my patience...

Discussion in 'Werner' started by The_Dude, Mar 8, 2015.

1. The_Dude

The_Dude Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I declined Keim's offer in the final hour. Had one of those weird gut instinct things. While not happy with what happened in the beginning of my time here at Werner, I'm pretty much stuck untily MVR cleans up.

Bren, I've been on dedicated the last month now and the difference between dedicated and OTR is night and day. I'm treated like a human being, for starters, and if I actually have to go into the shop, it's usually a 24 hr turn around.

I'm very particular about my pretrips. I check tires and lights every day. I check fluids every two days. Body, frame, etc every three. I know my truck very well at this point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. collegebratt5

collegebratt5 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2015

4. collegebratt5

collegebratt5 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2015
    The reply was correct those that work weekend are training weekends and nights. Don't tell them your plan or they will can you at term ask for route home then you don't have load or responsibility.

5. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Re breakdown. I hope you are not trying to call them on the phone,you will be ignored. Use the appropriate Macro 42? If no response send again in 45 min and note 2nd request, after a 3rd attempt message to dispatch, asking for directions,and money. PS. I always started my messages with: FTR
    Hang in there,,
    Good luck with the wife,,I developed Multiple Sclerosis and fell out of the cab when my legs collapsed,,retired and on disability but miss the road,,

6. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Btw,,my stepson started at Schneider,,and still there, he has the same issues and threatens to quit a couple times a week,,lol. He can't stand to sit still for any reason.
    I tried to explain he will have a couple low checks and then a super check. Never anything consistent unless on a dedicated. He was on a FritoLay. But actually had to roll off potatoe chips. " I am a driver,,not a lumper" as he walked away from $950 week guaranteed..geeesh

7. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Had the same problem, without the air leaks, in a Freightshaker. Turned out to be the ECM.

8. Deepdiver88

Deepdiver88 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Crete / Shaffer - like Werner - have long training period (8 weeks). $600 a week while in training. For experienced drivers - go to 48 CPM SOLO for the Reefer side. .

9. ArmyVetTrucker

ArmyVetTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2017
    I've been to Schneider. They are the SAME song and dance as well. Low miles, lots of breakdowns and old trucks with old trailers that break your back and your teeth on small bumps. Low paychecks...live unloads, live losds, and no support staff....sounds the same to me!

10. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Not my experience at all. And I was company 2011-2014 and IC the last 2 years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.