Ready, Set,,,,Here I go.....

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SheepDog, May 20, 2014.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazydog

Lazydog Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Good to know. Glad you are doing OK but great would be nicer. ;)

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Hang in there sheep .... business has it's ups and downs ... learn, adjust and move on.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  5. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Hello all you professional Freight Mover's.. Hope everyone is doing well this cold day, at least here in MI. Working on securing a load for Wednesday, to take me, the wife and granddaughter to Columbus, OH to see new granddaughter. I really appreciate you folks that reply, comment or just like on this thread, lets me know there are STILL good people in this Country.

RERM, coaster, Al. Roper and 3 others Thank this.
  6. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

After reading your entire Post, I am still a firm believer in NEVER doing a L/P. I feel for you in your journey to Ownership, but it does seem like you take way to much time off and for to long too. Your break habits and short driving days seem to be your biggest enemy. Maybe I have missed something???

I'm just a Company Driving, but still Gross an average of $1,200/wk and don't have all the worries you experience day to day. Like you, I sold everything and have almost no Bills to pay. In the last 1.5 years I have nested 36K into my Account. Thats while still living very spoiled and comfortable on the road. I stay out 90 days at a time, then take a weeks paid vacation off. My Vacations are in a nice Hotel, just relaxing without any drama.

Hope it all works out for you. Remember though, Integrity and Ownership mean nothing if you're dirt poor and struggling. We all in up in the same place underground.

Good Luck, you seem to need it.

7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    This post was pointless.
    "You're doing it wrong, look at me ! I'm awesome, and you suck."
    Why bother putting anything if all you are trying to do is convince yourself that you made all the right moves ?
    Every life is different and we all have paths before us.
    Just because you are a self proclaimed "company man" that basks in the glory of zero responsibility and minimal accountability doesn't mean we all like that idea.
    This is HIS path. He chose it and is making it work. If the end result is truck ownership, the he, like many before him, will have "failed into success" by doing it all wrong, according to the peanut gallery who has no stake in the game or horse in the race.
    Sheepdog can defend himself and this is his thread, you just hit a nerve with me.
    The price of free speech I suppose.

Jarhed1964, 88 Alpha, tlopez99 and 7 others Thank this.
  8. Cannman

Cannman Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Agree, Sheep is putting this thread together for advise NOT your BS I'm a company driver and have 36k in the bank No bills No family and most Important NO life. Keep on Trucking SheepDog! :):):)

T_TRUCKER., SheepDog and popcorn169 Thank this.
  9. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Was merely pointing out other avenues of possible approach he could have taken instead of jumping into a L/P without and money saved up. Had he saved and paid cash for his Truck, some of his troubles may have been avoided.

Sure he is doing a great job in trying to make Ownership of his Truck. But one of the problems today is everyone want instant gratification, without the wait.

I on the other hand, plan. For that, as of now, I shall be Retiring July of next year at the age of 45 with approximately $4,200 a month after Tax. I have been around the World four times, and of course all over the U.S. My life has been one grand adventure for sure. I have lived life! And now I'll get to enjoy the last 1/3 for myself. So yeah, pats self on the back.

10. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

And his Post is very informational too. We all appreciate his hard work in keeping it up.
    The Info I took away from all this is... If I had ever wanted to be a true O/O, suffer as a Company man, save up and then purchase a Truck straight out.

Everyone knows that with bad credit, (his claim) and no money down, you're a worse Slave than a Company man. A slave to a Company and now a ripoff Truck payment.

It wouldnt have been hard for him to have found a good paying job with his experience and saved a couple years. He started off doing like I did and getting rid of things that bonded him. He just jumped tge gun to soon.

My personal take on all this is he wont finnish the Lease. He already stated all his family thinks of him as a quitter. Then with his Posts becoming less and less with troubles. Just an educated guess. But best of luck to him, hope Im wrong. Usually aint though.

11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    You can't predict when your last day is. Hopefully it will be a ripe age well into 80s.
    But it could be 46.
    What happens if you live to 100? Are you secure for 55yrs? I need to know your investment strategy if so.
    I digress.
    Politely worded and near gentlemanly conduct doesn't make your boast posts any less insulting.
    Peddle your superiority complex elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.