Real story on Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by tennmoto, Apr 20, 2015.

1. steve9501

steve9501 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Kingston, Tn
    I am headed to orientation on the 24th of this month. I drove OTR for a couple of yrs bout 3 yrs ago, I always loved driving to the west coast, does Maverick have many loads to the west coast or the upper west coast? There is something about driving out there that really appeals to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    I know the glass division gets out to the west coast but not sure of any others.

steve9501 Thanks this.
  4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I'll be there with you on the 24th. Just got the call today and will be driving from Virginia I think. I don't want to ride greyhound but I may change my mind.

5. steve9501

steve9501 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Kingston, Tn
    when you gonna be coming thru knoxville area? if possible I would like to catch a ride with you? Hanna told me she would call me on wed. to confirm that i will be coming this weekend, said that the class may be full but she will know more on wed.

6. HoldsTheWheel

HoldsTheWheel Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    As others have said, this is any company. Maverick is as good as, and in most cases better than, any company out there.

There's a vast difference between being a trucker and being, as Maverick puts it, a professional driver. There are many things that are beyond the control of yourself, the CSRs or your FM.

I am sure in your year out on the road, you have driven by many other company terminals, none of which are anywhere in the league of NLR.

Maverick really is a cut above.

RERM Thanks this.
  7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    a cut above doesnt allow the temperature control divsion to say reefer now that is just anal

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Sounds like they need a temper controlled division

dragginmaster Thanks this.
  9. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I was told that I'll be leaving on a truck after the class and no guarantee to get my car back home afterward so I found an airplane ticket otherwise I would have been able to pick you up but I can't just leave my car there forever.

Hope you got in for this weekend. I didn't even realize it was memorial weekend or I might have put them off for a week lol.

10. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    Conduct yourself in a professional manner while in training and things will go smooth. I've been with Maverick almost 4 years and they've treated me very well.

RERM and GoldenLad Thank this.
  11. exhawkeye

exhawkeye Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Forney,TX
    I've been with maverick for almost 3 yrs in tcd. Always been taken care of. It all depends on time management. Get to class early n act professional.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.