Really? Criminal mischief?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by RustyBolt, Jul 23, 2015.

1. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    http://www.livetrucking.com/woman-w...ruck-has-been-charged-with-criminal-mischief/

I realize her intent was to kill herself and not the trucker. And that there is no such thing as "attempted" vehicular manslaughter. But I would like to think there is a more fitting crime this lady could have been charged with. Something that comes with serious jail time.

In a perfect world, there would be. But this world is far from perfect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I saw this when I opened the link. Cr England truck charged with criminal mischief.

Attached Files:

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  4. TheJrodTest

TheJrodTest Light Load Member

May 5, 2015
    The Road to Omaha
    That is just lazy journalism ^^^

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Just scroll up to get the full headline. That pic is sure to get some of the folks on here ranting and raving. LOL

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That pic was hilarious. Just awesome.

7. TheJrodTest

TheJrodTest Light Load Member

May 5, 2015
    The Road to Omaha
    :biggrin_25520:<<<<<< Is an idiot who missed the joke.

Blackshack46 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Good thing she survived. Now I hope the driver sues her, her parents, kids, pets, etc. into bankruptcy. I can't stand people who are that selfish and chicken s### that they have to possibly kill or ruin someone else's life because they forgot their meds.

Big Don Thanks this.
  9. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    While I understand the sentiment, but selfishness and "chicken s###" have nothing to do with suicide.

It's odd, in one breath you say "Good thing she survived" then suggest ways to help ruin her life, her parent's lives, her kid's lives blah blah blah...
    All of her family is going to be reeling from her actions. Much of her family is going to wonder what they could have done to prevent it, and some will feel like they are partly responsible. There will be enough guilt and blame to go around in her family.
    But I'm not forgetting about the truck driver either. I'm sure he/she feels crappy, was for sure scared at the moment, and will probably spend way more time and effort that should be required to make sure their CDL isn't effected.
    But what does the 4 wheeler REALLY owe the truck driver? An honest apology, maybe a long conversation over lunch, so that the truck driver can ask the questions he/she will need answered to sort of set the situation straight.
    I understand the gut reaction, but anger and lawsuits aren't going to help anyone recover from this.

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Big Don and Tonythetruckerdude Thank this.
  11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Well the dollar amount of damage will likely determine how this is charged. Criminal Mischief is usually a "wobbler," meaning that it can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony. Chances are this will be charged as a felony, due to the amount of damage, and that might bring some state prison time. If she doesn't weasel out of it, one way or another...

truckon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.