Rear bunk fan switch blinking

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by atv_idiot, Oct 18, 2016.

1. atv_idiot

atv_idiot Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2016
    So I got this truck almost two years ago. Its a 2008 VNL780 D16 with iShift. Roughly 850,000 miles. Its used to haul my 5th wheel toy hauler so its not used every day. I noticed when I went out to it the other day that it was a little sluggish to start and the fan switch for the rear bunk was blinking. It never did that before. Can anyone help or explain why that would start all of a sudden?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trkr3529

Trkr3529 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2016
    When that light blinks it means low voltage, check your batteries one or more could be bad

4. atv_idiot

atv_idiot Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Thanks Trkr! I find it odd that Volvo would use that to show low voltage. Makes sense since the truck has been sitting for a month

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    that rear panel is the most sensitive voltage point on a volvo it will start beeping and blinking when it sees low voltage, 04-06 had connections in the back that would corrode and drivers would go crazy cuz it would never stop beeping no matter what until the problem was fixed. It's a real piece of work as far as modules go i've had it cause a bunch of problems. Once i had a driver swear his truck was possessed when he was sleeping the sleeper light would come on and then blower and it would shut off in a few minutes all was being caused by a loose ground contact in the back of the module.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.