recent Averitt info please

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Lwood53, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Considering moving over to averitt soon, I'm currently OTR and looking for weekends home at least. Could anyone give me some recent info on they regional division. Would be out of the greensboro area. Home time/ pay/ miles and overall treatment

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonelyguy

lonelyguy Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2014
    not knocking any company...but I live in Greensboro....I work for EPES and am home every weekend...most of the time for a 34....but also, sometimes, the whole weekend! You can PM if interested....as far as Averitt...I have a friend that use to work at the dock in greensboro YEARS AGO, and the guys I've run into seem to be happy there.

4. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Ok cool, yea I've been looking at epes to. How is there equipment and treatment of drivers. Will they let you have a inverter or let you idle. I live in greensboro also looking for that weekend hometime.

5. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Will Averitt get me through the house each week?

6. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    they should be able to get you home every weekend

7. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Ok how are they to work for

8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    yeah but they don't let you bring the truck home.

Plus you have to wear uniforms and they have a facial hair and tattoo policy also.

9. chopper103in

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I have been with them for 19 months and have no complaints
    but like all companies you have your good and your bad but for me the good definitely out weighs the bad

I am on a dedicated account so I cant say how the miles are in truckload/ regional

10. chopper103in

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I don't think he asked that question on any of these but I will answer them for you

Take the truck home-----No you cant, they want them parked at their service centers when your on home time
    Uniforms----yes you have to wear the uniform, they pay for them
    Facial hair---they allow beards and mustaches but they want them trimmed neatly
    Tattoos---they want tattoos covered

these are all thing that you agree to abide by when you accept a position with Averitt

11. ryan7659

ryan7659 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Kenton,Ohio
    I worked for averitt for a year and a half. they were a great company. I only left them to work at a local job where i am home every night that i thought i would like better (but was wrong). i am hopefully going to be back with averitt next month. I was home every weekend with them unless i wanted to stay out longer, and would average about 2200-2500 miles a week if i came home on the weekends, more if i would stay out. They have an APU and 1500 watt inverter in all of the regional trucks, so no need to idle. I was treated well and got along good with my fleet manager.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.