Recent graduate not sure which flatbed carrier to with

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lancia, May 28, 2016.

1. Lancia

Lancia Bobtail Member

May 27, 2016
    I was looking into 4 different companies
    Yourga trucking Inc
    Transport national
    TMC
    And PGT trucking
    I'm trying to figure out who has the best loads. I live right in pa I'm near all of these companies. Just wondering if you could give me some insight. I don't want to go work for a company and make 500 dollars A week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Am I having a twilight zone moment or did we just cover this the other day?

Texas_hwy_287 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your money is to make or lose.

You are going to have times in which miles are short. Savings put away prior to short weeks will tide you over. There is no two ways around avoiding making "Only" 500 a week. Once you understand how to use the money, however little or however great, you will be fine.

Jubal3 Thanks this.
  5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    True. There's guys that go to notoriously bad companies and do just fine - a lot is attitude based.

I'll assume the OP has read the available information on all the stated companies.

By 'best loads ', are you asking heavy/tarp/waiting kind of questions, or strictly revenue generation?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Yesterday

x1Heavy and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Thanks - thought I was losing a grasp on having my poop in a group.

Stabilizers. I need them. You certainly halped me out there.

x1Heavy and HalpinUout Thank this.
  8. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin

I worked for Transport National for 6 1/2 years. I assume that you are looking at the Youngstown terminal. They have $1000 a week salary positions which they didn't offer when I was there. Nice small family owned company. They are not in the category of the other 3. They are not a flatbed company. They have flats and steps, but they are outnumbered by the specialized trailers. They do a lot of oversize loads so if that is what you are looking to eventually get into that would be the place I would go. I have also talked to Yourga drivers over the years and none of them ever had anything bad to say about their company.

Airborne, x1Heavy and Jubal3 Thank this.
  9. Airborne

Airborne Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2016
    KY
    Once I found this company I decided this is the one to go for but I'm still working on trying to get by with the fmcsa on a certain drug that has been prescribed to me for years now. I have my 2 letters of recommendation to drive from the VA so now I have to wait on the FMCSA. I've been trying to become a driver for a couple of years now and found out that one of the meds I'm on wasn't allowed so I struggled for a year with the VA so I hope the FMCSA will give the exemption to me so I can start school. Since I decided that this type of job was what I wanted to do I have jumped thru hoops to get this far and I hope my dream is soon in my grasp.

10. Trpl lnhlr

Trpl lnhlr Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Ive heard tmc is decent. First 2 or 3 weeks that you are in training you dont make a lot... I lnow they are out of Iowa city

11. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin

They are out of Des Moines.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.