Recent info on Coal City Cob anyone???

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by All-American82, Sep 23, 2015.

1. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    Ok, went to GATS last month and had a good time. Learned alot!

Met with various companies for various reasons. Trying to leave all options open. From company driver to O/O situations. I have ZERO interest in a Lease/Purchase ripoff. Sooo, I'm exploring either company driver or O/O opportunities.

One that peaked my interest was Coal City Cob. Had a couple good and lengthy conversations with Melanie (Tx ) and Sharon ( From Il or IN, can't remember which). Anyone have any RECENT info on this company?

If so.
    How does the COMPANY driver percentage pay work. I have heard of this, but have no actual experience with company driver percentage pay. This would be 27% in my experience level. Is this a good option over Milage? And don't mean to seem brain dead, but wouldn't this be the same as "By the Load"? we have alot of "by the load" situations in my current area. But I make more than them as an hourly driver, PLUS they work themselves to death!!! And I realized after a couple months, they weren't delivering any more loads than I was. Sooo, why the hurry??? ANYHOW, how would this be a benefit to me as a company driver???

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! Not in a hurry, just trying to understand. Oh and one last question. Does anyone have any info on their Ranier, Or. terminal. I'm located in N. Nevada.

Thank you in advance!!!

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tobie town trucker

tobie town trucker Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    I had two trucks leased on with Sharon in Indiana. CC COB has two company terminals. One in Waxahatchie, TX and the other in Diamond, IL. Sharon has two affiliate terminals. One in Shererville, In and the other in Charlotte, NC. There's also affiliates in Rahway, NJ and Portland, OR owned by others. Each affiliate has their own freight and rarely gets freight from other terminals unless they need help.

All-American82 Thanks this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I know this is an old thread, but any updates? I just left a vm for Melanie at the diamond terminal. Should I also talk to Sharon? I'm an O/O btw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.