Reckless local department on I-78 in NJ. Don't let these hotdogs get YOU.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Infosaur, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I got that swerving thing in Michigan about a month ago. I don't pull over for 'swerve.' You can't tell the difference between police and some screwoff faker. I'll wait till I see units I can identify. Real law enforcement can call backup.

In my situation, no other units showed up. He gave up after maybe 15 minutes. The swever was a red minivan. Give me a break.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Jerry, it was a cop. They were using a new black on black "batman" paint job that I despise (a local sheriff's dept uses it too). I've been doing this a while and I can tell a "police equipment package" the fact that I could count the screws on his bull bar when he suddenly appeared out of the darkness can attest to how close this was. If I had favored the right side of the lane and so much as sneezed, caught a crosswind, or changed the radio, I'd be posting from jail trying to defend why I T-boned an officer.

I will point out that the State Police have had a heavy presence in this area too. For a while in fact. Let's just say it's not in anyone's intrest to drive like a tool on 78 for now.

But since it's become something of a nightly entertainment, I'll keep posting about "the men in black of exit 36" until further notice. I do think somebody might have said something, because "911 calls are recorded" maybe (hopefully?) some state trooper saw what he was doing and dressed down a rookie cop the way only a senior officer can?

They might not listen to a member of the public, but a State Lt might straighten them out.

truckon Thanks this.
  4. Infosaur

Spoke too soon, I've got to cover for another co-worker, I won't be on that lane for the rest of the week.

5. Infosaur

Nasty accident westbound. Just before 287.

Explorer was still writing tickets though. All the state cops we at the accident scene.

6. Infosaur

I really shouldn't brag, it's petty.

But last night after a long week and looking to go home I hit the usual construction around I-78 NJ mile 12 WB, and after a week I already had a work around that few people were aware of or taking.

I couldn't help myself, "later #####es!!!" *HONK* *HONK* *HONK*

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.