Red Light Camera Ticket

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Night_driver, May 13, 2015.

1. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    When they change late I just leave skid marks half way through the intersection then snail crawl my way through so I can say there's no way I could stop. This is much easier if you're doing at least 10 over the limit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I remember them installing red light cameras on 71, then deactivating them after nobody would pay the scam tickets.

I start slowing down for a lot of green lights. By the time I'm about to start accelerating again at that point of no return, which is now a lot closer now that I'm slowed down, the light turns and I'm stopping real gentle.

Hehe, I've seen bobtails skid right into the intersections when a newbie is behind the wheel.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not to mention that most camera tickets are not a citation. They are "administrative fees" which means that no, you cannot fight in court.

-Steven

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I never worried about a ticket. While hauling gasoline throughout the city of Las Vegas NV we spent a good deal of time on surface streets. We would keep our eyes moving and getting a good visible sight on the Cross Walk sign. Some have seconds on them and others just blinked. The ones with numbers are very easy. The ones without you'd just have to count the flashes and when the count got to 12 the light would change. City driving is the hardest I've ever done without a doubt. Then to top it off we would drive what was called a super tanker because of the amount of gallons of gasoline the truck and trailer would hold. ( 85' long, 105,000lbs loaded, with 12,450 gallons on)

6. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I love the crosswalks with seconds countdown display. Wish every light had them.

tsavory Thanks this.
  7. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I agree.

Some municipalities play numbers games with their "gotcha cam" tickets. If you just pay up, the fine is one thing with nothing else done. If you contest it, the double the fine and throw in various court costs and put the points on if you lose. You will get hit for court costs, win or lose. It is purely a revenue enhancement scheme. Cedar Rapids, IA does not hesitate to tell everyone that it is designed to raise revenue for the cop shop pension fund. Talk about a conflict of interest. I have been prodding my state rep and senator to pass legislation that would make all revenue from traffic cams go into fund to help crime victims. They are on board, but they are not the full congress, so the wheels turn slowly.

8. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Thank you everyone. Yes that is correct, I called the legal department and verified there will be no points on my license which was my main concern.

9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I would continue claiming it was not me and placing the blame on one of my fellow pumpkins.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Camera tickets are nothing to worry about. Those go out to the registered owner of the vehicle, regardless of who was driving, so therefore points cannot be levied.

As for red light cameras, I believe it's common practice for yellow light times to be shortened at intersections where the cameras are posted, and I defy anyone to tell me otherwise. I know of one in Baltimore that would turn yellow for barely a second before turning red. :mad:

DAX_ Thanks this.
  11. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    There was a couple of cases in Illinois that the timing on traffic lights had been messed with. A judge ordered those jurisdictions to cut it out and restore the time delay as it had been. But unless one has some means to test it or the bankroll to take up a civil action against a jurisdiction, doubtful that anyone would be able to do anything about it.

thejackal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.