Red Light Camera Ticket

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Night_driver, May 13, 2015.

1. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I've got a ton of red light camera tickets over the years, I've never gotten points. It typically says right on the notice theirs no points involved. I wouldn't give your company a penny without seeing the letter. If they got it and it's legit then you owe them but that seems very high for a camera ticket.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    There is a red light cam in Stockton CA March Lane exit to left turn Quail Lakes Drive. After an initial huge spurt in cam flashes and fines, everyone stopped at the green light and and would wait for a fresh green light were getting rear ended and causing a huge gridlock right there. The device has been disabled for years now.

4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I had one flash a photo of me at night in Saskatoon but never got a ticket.
    Apparently if your front bumper crosses the stop line after the light turns red, then you get a ticket.
    In my case the truck was already over the line, it was the trailer that was behind the line when the light changed, hense the photo being taken.

5. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Did they canned u for that??

6. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I believe I had to pay the fine and watch the exciting safety videos

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  7. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX

8. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    They have a messed up system in Chicago. The fine must be paid in 30 days from the time the notice was mailed. By the time you get it you may only have 10 days to do anything about it. If you aren't at home and on the road you may not get it at all and be past due on paying the fine. As a company driver the company will just pay it. The last place I pulled for I got one from Chicago. I saw it turn green so I kept on going. It went yellow when I was a car length from the intersection or so and going 35mph. By the time my trailer was in the middle it went red and took a picture. I had them notify when they received the ticket. I had to write a brief letter disputing it and why. I never heard anything back and the company said they never paid it. Nothing shows on my MVR so I guess it worked?

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I know this is an old thread, but I had the same thing happen while working at Schneider. I asked to see the video and it clearly shows the yellow light was only 1.8 secs. I guess what happened is the chassis company got the ticket, paid it and then charged schneider. Since I didn't have a chance to fight it, I said I wouldn't pay it and I clearly have a defense since I couldn't stop a loaded semi in the time allowed. I had to put everything in writing and I was never charged the fine,vi think schneider just paid it.

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  10. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Red Light cameras have be stuck down many places as they fail to let you face your accuser. They also work against the police as they eliminate their jobs.

Personally, I think there should be a fine for pulling any trailer painted orange.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.