Refrigerated Rates

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by corvette427, Dec 26, 2011.

1. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior rocking-n-rollin again

Dec 6, 2011
    South West
    I do believe Cargil is one of them that still hauls swinging...been a couple 3 yrs since i did that..most i now haul is box and dont have railers in my new reefer trailer... Check with them and they might put ya in the right direction...i was looking thru my books trying to find the numbers..ill keep looking

Reefer Madman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stocktonhauler

stocktonhauler Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Stockton, C
    Thanks for the reply. I browsed and finally came up with it. I also check with a broker friend who wasn't familiar with this site, although he moves produce everyday. The prices do reflect some reality from what I've seen the various markets and growing regions.

By examining these charts, good reefer loads do get $2- plus p/mi on these charts, but the back hauls reduced me to $1.70 p/mi average for 2011.

This independent owner operator average still beats any of the lease driver deals out there, most of which average less than $1.40 p/mi. I have to pull my own trailer, find my loads, do my IFTA and other paperwork, lose out on some minor benefits for that extra 30 cents p/mi, but I also don't face risky balloon payments, dangerous contract language, annoying dispatchers, or weekly statements from accounting that don't add up.

Irishtrucker Thanks this.
  4. JERRYY

JERRYY Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    :biggrin_2556:SHOULD I GO REEFER,I DONT KNOW:biggrin_25520:

5. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl

Neither do we ! Your decision.

6. Pilot1

Pilot1 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    On the front 9

WELL ####; IF YOU DON'T KNOW WE DONT EITHER! HOW ABOUT THIS; JUST GUESS AT IT..........MAYBE THROW DARTS AT IT..:biggrin_25523:

7. mesh

mesh Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi all I am starting a reefer company have 3 trucks based out of south Florida I know not much freight leaving florida except for produce this time of year
    But would like to know what the best lanes to run to maximize my rate /mile

Thanks in advance

8. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Don't claim to be an expert on Fl by any means but it seems like the money is in running north and south over there. By that I mean east coast. I won't run northeast so I rarely go to FL because the rates coming back west out of there are pathetic 9 months of the year and barely adequate the other 3. Just my opinion.

9. jack5

jack5 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2005
    garland,tx
    Not much in FL right now but there are some reefer loads around northern Ga. and SC. going to the east coast and back to the midwest and than midwest to mountain west(Id,Co,Ut) and than back east and than south to FL. would be an ideal lane. In other words,you might end up deadheading to Ga or SC and get a good-paying short load going east and than a reload back to the midwest(Il,In,Oh,WI) and than try to reload for ID or UT. Id seems to have a good amount of freight going back east and south. I don't see hardly anything in Ca and Az yet. However in a couple of weeks Ca. should start booming and that will make your running lanes easier. Hope this helps.

10. Pilot1

Pilot1 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    On the front 9

I 'll agree with ShortBusKid; being an experienced Broker dealing with Florida, the only money outbound to make is up-n-down the east coast. Inbound to florida pays good; but we all know the outbound is bad most of the year!

LTL pays good going too Florida; but again, the outbound is where they hang you!

11. Pilot1

Pilot1 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    On the front 9

Come on Jack5; seriously running to Cali, for that whopping $1.30; just to hope for that big money load back east - with drops I might add! Not to mention all the Cali. B/S, to go with it?? NO way you can have it "all" sir..
    You can make just as much only inbound to Colorado, reload and head eastbound; and never deal with Cali....:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.