Regarding the trucks

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by TheAngrySnail, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Inland-Pilot

Inland-Pilot Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Jackson, Ms
    I've never heard of any trucking company that frowned on a driver having a reasonably sized tv in a truck. Just don't drill holes to secure it. Strap it down and you can figure on it being acceptable anywhere, I'd say. Most trucks come spec'd for it, with a cubby and factory wired for the tv's antenna hookup

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Haunyak

Haunyak Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Fort Smith, AR
    You can pretty much put whatever you need in it you just can't make any holes or permanent mods to the truck. I have a tv, microwave and crockpot with me.

4. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    You can put your tv in there no problem!

5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    If you have a projector and you drive glass you can mount it on your aframe in a truck stop, park next to a walmart truck and watch your movies off his trailer like your in a movie theater. :D

6. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    You can put just about anything you want in the truck, as long as you don't make modifications such as screw holes, electrical modifications, etc. TVs are always good, but I'd recommend shelling out the money for a digital TV mount since the bases to the TVs usually end of breaking due to the all the bad roads. If you search you can find some that will utilize existing cabinet screw holes.

Also, pretty much all of the 2015 and newer trucks have factory refrigerators. They're not huge, but they'll do. If you're a newb then you'll most likely get a late model. The experienced drivers don't get those until you guys have already wrecked them.

7. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Why the switch from 15L to 13L? Maverick is usually pretty open about why they do things. How are the drivers liking the smaller engine? I'm guessing that maybe the newer engines are using less egr and the 15L is not needed, better fuel mpg?

I'm seeing some of their used 2012's on the market, 15L. What kind of mpg were they getting?

I'm just curious, if you guys don't mind. I may look at some of their lease returns.

8. Haunyak

Haunyak Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Fort Smith, AR
    I'm driving a 12 right now and average right at 7mpg.

Arky Thanks this.
  9. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I don't drive for Maverick anymore because I moved out of hiring area but when I started I had a 2012 with a 15L. Drove it until transmission died on it. Was given another 12 that had a 13L. Didn't have it long as the springs were bad. Then was given a 15 and it had a 15L and also a fridge. Was very nice except the front windshield leaked when it rained. Always something lol. Anyway,my first truck I averaged 7.5mpg. Second one,about 6.7 mpg. Last one,about 7.25mpg.

Arky Thanks this.
  10. toymaker

toymaker Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    My 12 got upper 6's.
    The 16 gets lower 7's.
    Different engine, but can't tell much difference in power. The new one might actually pull hills slightly better, if anything. It's also a smoother running engine.
    The ride is vastly improved over the 12.
    Fridge is a nice touch. Now if they'd put in a mount for modern TV's... There is an antenna hookup for one, and a shelf that only really works for old TV's that hardly anyone has anymore. Would be good spot for a microwave, but good luck finding one to fit.

Arky Thanks this.
  11. Road Boss

Road Boss Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    East Tennessee
    From what I hear it is to make the trucks a light as possibly. The 2012's were the last year with 244'' wb and 15l engines I have a 13 with the 13l and I average 7.4 this quarter. They are testing the 13l with the DD12 in some of the 16's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.