Regency Transportation Mass.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tcanning, Oct 4, 2015.

1. tcanning

tcanning Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Please fellow drivers do your due diligence before you waste your time and apply to this company. They advertise that they have new equipment what they dont tell you is that it is beat to crap. they dont tell you that it is under spec'd and they don't tell you there is little to no maintaince done on the equipment.
    They tell you they want you to communicate, what you don't know is that it is mostly family that you will be dealing with right up the chain of command so your issues go on deaf ears. They wont tell you that you will be slip seating and that they allow smoking in the trucks and when you bring it up you will hear that that is all they have available. They like to say they are driver friendly but that goes as far as when they get you into the seat and then the real way the company works is unveiled. The dispatchers are rude and at times arragant. Upper management at times can be like dealing with children. I worked there for a year and a half. Half the time it was not to bad to come to work the other half it was a constant battle to deal with the crap they keep pushing on the driver. The last thing I will warn you about is they advertise you can make 70,000 year. You will not come close to making this. I worked 6 and 7 days a week and I wasn't even close to that. You may say that I am a disgruntled worker but you have been warned. There are plenty of jobs out there if you look. Safe driving and keep the rubber on the tar and between the ditches.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Regency Transportation

Regency Transportation Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Franklin, MA
    You were told it was slip seating before you came on board. That is explained to every applicant. We have drivers making upwards of $70k in certain locations, but for our normal fleet drivers in Mass and Maine we don't and have never advertised those types of annual salaries.

4. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    How about what he says about the equipment and staff?

5. Regency Transportation

Regency Transportation Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Franklin, MA
    Trucks need maintenance. We are constantly working to maintain equipment. Our 2012 Peterbilts are being traded in for 2016's next spring as the hit 500k miles. There won't be smoking in the new tractors.

As far as the staff, that's based on the individual and the circumstance. everyone has bad days, but for the most part we have a polite and professional group of dispatchers.

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  7. tcanning

tcanning Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I would like to respond to the company rep. that has replied to my post. You are correct I was told about slip seating when I was at oreintation not at the interview. You did not say anything about allowing smoking in the trucks nor how the lack of accountablity allows the trucks to be dirty and nasty not to mention so under powered for the work they want you to do. In the time that I was there I talked to many a driver both local and regional and I could not find one driver who had made close to 70,000. If you want to read there ad you should be able to find them on Craigs list. Listen my fellow drivers, My point to the post was this. make sure you talk to drivers out on the road and ask them about the company. Ask to look at the sticker in the windshield and check when the next pm is due and look at the mileage. On average they are 15-30,000 miles over. The devil is in the details. Its more that what you are told it is also what they dont tell you. Due your research you can find their trucks all over Ma. Stop and talk to several drivers and get their views. No place is perfect and after you have done your research you feel that it would be a good fit so be it but at least you have been warned. As far as the new ones that are coming we saw the protype in Franklin and nobody wanted to drive it because it was specd so bad. Good luck to you drivers.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Quit crying about the smoking. People smoke. Get some Fabreeze or Lysol and change the intake filter.
    You expect companies to buy smoking and non-smoking trucks?
    Move to California and whine about the cigarette smoke while blowing out the dope smoke.

Sick of non-smokers crying all the time. The world don't belong to you YET.

As far as all the other stuff goes? Sounds just like the last thread I read. Trucking companies lie. It's what they do. Just gotta sift through all the crap to find a kernel of corn.

irfury58, DTP, Nitemare13 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. tcanning

tcanning Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Sounds to me like your one of the drivers that feel you can leave your garbage behind for someone else to pick up. Do some research and you'll find second hand smoke is as dangerous as smoking itself. Be a little considerate of others and smoke outside the truck

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That is far more contemptible than smoking in the truck, and certainly not what he said. Let's try to compare widgets to widgets, shall we?

I'll grant that, IF you happen to be standing next to a smoker at the time. But you're reaching if you say that would also apply to climbing in the truck that someone smoked a cigarette in 2 hours before.

Let's face facts here. Nobody is going to pull over every time they want to smoke.

crazeydude and Voyager1968 Thank this.
  11. tcanning

tcanning Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Studies have shown that 3rd hand smoke is dangerous as well. Your entities to your own opinions not your own facts.

thekidsixer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.