Regional for Mississippi and Northern Louisiana

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sgt50, Sep 25, 2016.

1. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Anyone on this and if so what are actual miles you are getting, do you stay in that region or do they mess around and send you out of the region

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    did the job listing state a specific area?

4. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    If it's regional it's more than likely La, MS, TN, GA, TX, & AR. I'm regional & im from Louisiana & These are the states I run. So unless the job description says you only go to those 2 states then I would plan on the 6 states I listed above.

5. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    egional truck drivers earn up to $0.40 per mile* starting pay, have a predictable work schedule of being out for 12 days and then home for 2 days in this CDL driving job. Regional truckers haul 95% no-touch freight, mostly drop-and-hook, averaging 1,700-2,700 miles per week and 400-450 miles per haul. The primary travel areas are MS, LA, TN, TX, AR, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, KY, VA, OH, IN, IL, IA, MO, NE, OK. As a Regional driver, you'll enjoy the best of both worlds: the freedom of the open road while staying close to home. Start your Regional trucking career with Schneider today in Mississippi and Louisiana!

6. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    In my regional position, I've never been over 800 miles from my OC. The load I'm on now is my furthest out I'll be at close to 900. Since day one of driving on my own I'm averaging close to 2200 miles a week. I've had bad mile weeks and good. But as a new driver coming out of school the average is growing as I learn. Those are actual paid miles not miles driven. I've also probably had more time at home than I should have. Before I started I had already had a vacation planned and a funeral. I'm a home weekly position but have been staying out 10+ days at times to try to make up for missed times.
    To answer your question more specifically, miles are dependant on multiple things. The better you are at trip planning, setting your ETA and NAT, being on time the better your miles will be. I feel there is a reason for people to get low miles. More than is being said. If they aren't good, say something. You can easily leave when you don't, to another company that promises you more miles. But when you get there, no miles there either. Then leave for the next promise. Say something. It may be an easy fix. I didn't get a list of states that my position ran. They can send me anywhere as long as they get me home when I ask. If they give me a load that I feel conflicts with that I call in. Simple.

Thull and SingingWolf Thank this.
  7. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    I've never touched any freight. Mostly drop and hook is accurate based on the wording. It's maybe 60/40 for me? I've been to all those states minus OK and TX. Ironically on my way today. And no VA LA FL or NE yet. Outside of that list I've been to MI and WI. I'm based out of Memphis though. So I'm mid south.

8. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Here's proof.
    20160926_062838-1.jpg
    That adds up to 2020 miles driven. In five days. I'm still 650 away from delivery on this load. I'm scheduled for a live unload tomorrow at 8am. Yesterday I drove through home and hung out with the family. Doesn't happen often but I had 2 things going for me there. First was delivery time and second was running out of hours. A short day just worked well for me. But 2020 plus 600 today 2620 in 6 days. After my live unload I'll drive 0 miles to pick up a relay that delivers 0 miles away fit another live unload. Never had that happen but I'm sure they'll pay me somehow. Another good thing for hours. On my eighth day, Wednesday, I'll only recap 4.75 hours. I should have about 8 left by then. Thursday is the 11 hours. So, in 7 full days, I'll get 2680 miles, some kind of short haul pay and training pay of some sort for the first 4.75 hour day. And I get paid significantly less than .40cpm lol

9. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    I drove on a dedicated account gp for them good miles low pay but I liked working for them

10. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Thanks for input Polly gonna go back and do the regional gig, I'd like flatbed if I could get on that

11. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Flatbed is minimal with Schneider. The only one I know of is the Home Depot account through Schneider. There could be more. I could be wrong. Ask the recruiters.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.