Reliable cell signal on I40 in AZ/NM

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Rollin and Trollin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Rollin and Trollin

Rollin and Trollin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Ok, so how many of you guys and gals can get uninterrupted signal on I40 from the Ca border to the Tx border? Those who can, what cell company are you using? Are you using any type of signal boost device?

I use Net10 prepaid, and I get great coverage everywhere EXCEPT I40 from Ca to Tx. It's hit or miss the whole way. Really sucks because I use Google Maps on my phone for my GPS and other trucking apps, and when there's no signal, it makes things....interesting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I use Verizon and have pretty good service the whole way. A few spots here and there are dead but not many

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    At&t works the whole way for the most part

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Verizon was hit and miss with my note2.

Never got down that way with my s6. I know it has better coverage then my note 2 but never made it to that stretch test.

I"m home, locally now.

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Verizon is pretty good there. I think there are 1 or 2 spots were the signal gets sketchy,.. but it always comes back within 1/2 mile or so.

Verizon has the largest coverage area of anyone out there. They are the #1 carrier for a reason. Not cheap,.. you will hear people cry about their Verizon bill all the time. But if you are OTR and you need a signal where others dont,.. there is no one else except Verizon that can deliver.

Hurst

mladen86 and tucker Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Everybody has improved coverage these days.

There are places where verizon don't work and sprint does. Up north, neither carrier work but ATT and Tmo do. I've got a few friends living in apartments, surrounded by apartments. Tmo is pulling down 40megs download speed. Verizon can't even make a phone call.

Right now, verizon don't even work at my house. Nor the ampitheater up the street from me. absolutely ZERO signal between home and work. Which is straight up and down one major street. About 5 miles. There's a tower about 2000 feet from me across the street in the other neighborhood. I don't know who's it is though.

Everybody has improved coverage. Including verizon. They've now got signal between rawlins wy and casper wy. the note 2 couldn't get it. But the s6 does.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Coverage has improve.

So has harrassment from Dispatch and Brokers too lazy to follow up between themselves.

snowwy Thanks this.
  9. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

The OP asked about,....
    Reliable cell signal on I40 in AZ/NM.

Not if Verizon works out at your house or not. Who cares?

Verizon is the #1 carrier in the United states. Verizon has the largest coverage and service area in the United States.

Period.

Hurst

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Canned Spam Thanks this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yep, he asked about a certain area. But you talked about the entire country. And you have no idea what else is out there these days.

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

I talked about what the OP asked.

I know exactly what else is out there these days.

You have the national carriers and then you have the bargain huts who sell castrated services piggy backed off the national carriers. Did I miss anything?

Does not change the fact that Verizon is the #1 carrier in the United States with the largest coverage and service area in the United States. No one else comes close. Yes, I have tried almost all of them at one point or another.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.