Relocating to ohio.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by invictus2014, Jan 25, 2016.

1. invictus2014

invictus2014 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    texas
    I'm looking and applying for anything and everything. Been driving for a little over 2 years. Experience in flat and dry bulk pneumatic. Mostly dry bulk. Im a felon with a couple pos. Charges that were dismissed but still show as arrested. And I have a speeding 15 mph or more over the speed limit from almost 3 years ago (Feb 16 it will be 3 years)..... I've applied at 15 or more places. Either they hit me a ridiculous low pay never home job or shoot me down... maverick said hit em up next month when my mvr looks better. And a couple don't accept oilfield experience ad experience period. (Smh) and others see the arrests for pot over 5 years ago and say no. Any help with a GOOD company hires in western Ohio and pays more than 1000 a week? Need to be around 1100-1200 gross Consistently.. home every 10-14 days atleast. Right now I'm considering r&j trucking. Hauling plastic otr.. but I know they aren't the best.. according to some threads on here. Any help is appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know the gross pay for these companies so you'll have to ask:
    Nick Strimbu Inc.
    PI&I Motor Express
    Kalmbach Feeds in Sandusky
    Freymiller
    Paschall Truck Lines
    JRayL - terminals in Cleveland/Akron/Columbus
    TransAm
    Many,many oil field workers entering the job market right now and will rarely even come close to making what they're used to. Some may come close with hazmat/tankers or even some food grade:
    A&R Logistics
    Bulkmatic
    Indian River Transport

The Patriot and invictus2014 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    JBS Carriers hired a few oil field workers.

The Patriot Thanks this.
  5. invictus2014

Jun 4, 2014
    texas
    Thank you Chinatown. Ive spoken to a few of those, I'll try the rest. Got a big no from Schneider yesterday after an hour and a half on the phone with em. Just have to chisel away. I appreciate the response.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Keep plugging along; something will hit.
    Tough part is trying to downgrade your budget after oil field wages. Workers coming off the off shore oil rigs are facing the same dilemma.

Western Express flatbed division

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  7. invictus2014

Jun 4, 2014
    texas
    I tried western definite 10 years for my felony. I only have 5.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    PI&I Motor Express hires right out of prison. I think they're union as is Nick Strimbu Inc.

invictus2014 Thanks this.
  9. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Have a pal who drives for Nick Strimbu and that is top notch pay ...benefits and you call how many days a week you want to work...he just works four....just wish they were near me...

invictus2014 and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  10. ram937

ram937 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Where in western Ohio?. I know of a couple places in and around Dayton that will hire you.

11. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The problem is some companies run Canada , which is extra extra strict about who they allow into that country. If they see anything on your arrest record involving drugs or alcohol they will not let you in.

invictus2014 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.