Report: Dealerships that are hungry for our business!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by TheLittleGuy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm always on the lookout for dealerships that are hungry for my business.
    - excellent customer service
    -reasonable rates
    And most importantly
    -fast turnaround times.

My truck and trailer are my livelihood. So telling me it'll be 3-4 days before you can even look at it tells me they don't want my business.

Have you had good experiences at a Freightliner dealership that meet my criteria?

Let us all know about it.

For me, both Freightliners in Portland and Brooks, OR took good care of me! And at the time, I had a 9400i w/ISX.

I've also discovered that you're wasting your time going to SLC, Phoenix, or Houston!

Also, TA/Petro can no longer do Freightliner warranty work in the state of Texas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, the overwhelming responses tell the story!!!!!

4. TheLittleGuy

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I know right?

Well, since then I've found that some Freightliner dealers offer "express assessment".
    What that means, is if you go there with one issue or complaint? They have 2 hours to at least diagnose the problem. If its a quick, easy fix? Often they'll do it while its already in the shop.
    If its gonna be more in depth? Well, you've jumped the line on those trucks with multiple issues! ;)

5. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    For Freightliner,
    Syversons in Rochester,Mn
    Columbia Freightliner in Columbia,Mo.
    For Detroit,
    Interstate Detroit in Alttona,Ia is by far THE best place I have had touch a Detroit/Mercedes motor.

Martin

RERM and TheLittleGuy Thank this.
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I have better luck with the small shops. Usually save 30 or more an hour. The last dealer I went to was kw Columbia mo. Been 3-4 years so could be different now,but was fast to get in.

7. shaneWalker

shaneWalker Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2014
    If you are in the south Chicago suburbs I have found Midwest Fuel Injection to be very good. They are honest and try to get to the problem rather than throwing parts at the issue.

mp4694330 and RERM Thank this.
  8. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    They usually charge an extra 10-30% on their labor rate for that service. Their base hourly rate is already 30% higher than it should be.

9. TheLittleGuy

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I've not experienced their rate for express assessment be any different than their normal advertised labor rate. I've also never had to specifically ask for it.

But even still. To have my truck diagnosed and repaired within a few hours. That would be worth an additional charge, to me, versus waiting 2-3 days for them to even look at it!

10. Largecarz

Largecarz Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Buffalo
    Hans Freightliner,in Cleveland,Ohio.Small,family owned dealer,treat you GREAT,and dont rip you off.One of the best in the country for O/O.On the other end of the spectrum is Fleet Maintenance,Freightliner dealer in West Seneca,NY(bufffalo).Rude,arrogant,treat you like your bothering them,and will outright RAPE you on prices.

TheLittleGuy Thanks this.
  11. shortcut

shortcut Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    winslow, AR
    Freightliner in troy, Il get it done right the first time and quickly.

RERM and TheLittleGuy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.