Rider policy

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Kidfifty, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Kidfifty

Kidfifty Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Can anyone tell me what the rider policy is for someone who is doing the refresher course?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    For what company?? Usually, there are NO riders policy, nor pets, during ANY training courses~ as I understand. Your post is pretty vague, sorry.

4. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Not to be an !@# Tom, but this is posted in the Heartland Express section....;)

5. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    The refresher they do is not like at most company's. They require more experiance and some not too far in the past. It is just going out with another driver for a week or two. No riders with you during this time, and I cannot remember, but I am pretty sure they do not allow riders for the first few months, but do not hold me to that. I never had a rider, so never asked. I can tell you that the trucks for non teams are all single bunk trucks. So your rider will be sharing your bunk. While with other driver doing refresher you will be in a double bunk, but that will be the last one you will see unless your a team driver.

6. Kidfifty

Kidfifty Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks. I will call them Monday, but also wanted to hear from drivers.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Freymiller has much nicer trucks and has refresher course named "Restore Program."
    Abilene Motor Express has refresher and trucks have refrigerator.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  8. Oldclaws

Oldclaws Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2017
    I don't know about the refresh but if you run solo you can have a passenger except Dec thru Feb . After a year it can be year round. You contact Rebbeca in ride along an she'll give you the 411.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.