Ritchie Bros. Auction review

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by trucko, May 21, 2016.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Have anybody purchased at this Auction and what is your experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Hit and miss. You could be buying someone else's junk or you could be capitalizing on someone's misfortune of losing a #### good truck. I know guys who have bought a truck and needed a tow truck to get it home 1 1/2 hours away. Also know a guy who bought himself a real good truck with zero issues. Hit and miss.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I know people who have bought equipment from a Richie Brothers auction and none have had an issue. It is up to the purchaser to inspect any equipment you plan on bidding on prior to the start of the auction. You will find good equipment as well as junk at most auctions. You can take your chances or take time to do a proper inspection before bidding. I don't know anyone who has had a problem with their purchases at a Richie Brothers auction.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Repo. Can be risky at actions you just looking cant reveal a lot engine trouble , front end with out being able to jack up. Most repos are not took care since the owner in most cases knew it was coming long before it happened. Would you change oil, or do any maintenance on something you knew you were going to lose

6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I have a brother-in-law that has bought all his trucks there over 20 years. He lives close to the one in Nisku, they are on display for a week before auction there and you are free to inspect the vehicles. Which he does, he used to be a HD mechanic. He says as long as it looks like it's been greased, no big leaks and sounds good running, then he puts a bid on it.

7. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Well I would like to at the least run oil sample,jack it up check king pins and front end parts.Most of the time if the front end has been taken care of it's been maintained.Not sure what a auction house is going to let you do.

8. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    good tool to have is a kr scangauge

9. manuelparedes

manuelparedes Bobtail Member

May 10, 2018
    I purchased a cargo van about two months ago from Richie Bro’s and I have not received a title. I paid on time and they don’t care about their customers. they have horrible customer service. i’ve called multiple times and they are rude and don’t answer my questions. still here and there’s no title sent for the car.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.