Roadmaster truck driving school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jacolbyhud, Sep 4, 2015.

1. jacolbyhud

jacolbyhud Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    This is a video I did for students coming in the game looking for hand outs. I hope y'all enjoy it.

BlackThought and Vilhiem Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I must admit, you made some great points that many drivers should listen too. I wasn't expecting that. Then near the end you said something that made it clear and is why I believe you will succeed while you are forced to watch others fail. Ex military.

I know many won't believe that it makes a difference but you and I both understand that it does. Most people don't have the discipline to stick it out to the end. 3,4 or 6 weeks seems like forever to them where to us it's a drop in the bucket. They can't keep their eye on the goal because they have never really had to reach a goal before. I'm not saying that makes them bad. Or that they can't do it. What I'm really saying is we have different expectations of ourselves. We have been pushed to our limits before, but for most the hardest thing they have ever done is leave home to go to driving school. So it falls on us to remind ourselves that we have different experiences then most people and we need to share those in a way that they can understand. It's a hard line to toe. But I do hope people stop and think about what you said. I will only add for those that think this is all a joke. If your willing to fail at this and feel it's no big deal, what is a big deal? This is an opportunity for your future. It doesn't mean you have to drive a truck for ever. But if your willing to give this up without a fight then you will probably spend the rest of your life doing pretty much what you are doing right now.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent.

Vilhiem and jacolbyhud Thank this.
  4. jacolbyhud

jacolbyhud Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    You made some very good points and I thank you for your response.

5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    :occasion5:

...sir, you've gone and hit the nail on the head.

Need more out here like you.

Now get back to grinding! (And be safe!)

I'm not military, but I was raised with a double threat. If I want it, it's my job to get it. If I don't like it, it's my job to change it.

I don't yet want to be an o/o, been out here a year. In 5 years, maybe. But I'd rather have steady miles and work for someone.

I don't understand many of the newer drivers...and it's for the very reasons you stated. I recently spoke with my dispatcher, she told me that so many of the newer drivers want to complain about being asked to help another account, yet they complain when they don't get the miles when they stay on the normal account.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.