RoadRunner Lease Program in 2015

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SouthwestVeas, Jan 14, 2015.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Love going into SLC terminal, drop trailer and go get breakfast/shower/nap. Come back and the yard dog tucks my trailer in the back out of they way.

I applied to the Truckload Plus program now hopefully they approve it. Love T2T and all but feel like I was sit/spinning on the mileage contract.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CREASEY TRANS

CREASEY TRANS Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Yea hopefully you get it my load changed going slc then Reno so gives me chance to swing by home an get snow chains since they required to be on truck now

4. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    But I though the wife got a free Mercedes, hummmm, live and learn.
    I also thought the truck dealerships delivered free trucks too. Man I must be naive or something.

5. CREASEY TRANS

CREASEY TRANS Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2015
    What you said may be correct but guess what I could care less what you l/p bashers have to say some ppl can't make it and some ppl do so to me its whatever this isn't my first time had own truck before and sold it to guy I worked with cause had to move

itaff Thanks this.
  6. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Maybe you should re-read my post. I'm in a L/P and love it!

7. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN

8. almostthere

May 23, 2010
    MN
    Hey Scottie, Can you Plz explain the difference between t2t and truckload plus? The recruiter I talked to didn't seem to have a good handle on either program.

9. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Some key points of the differences-- T2T -- run terminal to terminal runs only. Occasionally use roadrunner agents to book a broker load to get back closer to a terminal (this is if you deliver to an 'agent' terminal which does not reload you example: Grinnell Iowa, Kansas City Kansas, Phoenix Arizona, Little Rock Arkansas, Birmingham Alabama). 1st broker load 92% rate, second consecutive broker load 85% and third consecutive broker load 70% (numbers are in the contract and I might be off a little)

Truckload Plus-- all broker loads, my understanding is they prefer us to use rr agents to book the loads. I pressed the recruiter 3 times asking if I can book my own loads off the loadboards, not sure if I was getting through to the guy or not. Makes me nervous to have to book through only with the rr agents though. I miss the old days when I could just look on the load boards and pick freight off approved brokers. That's what I want to get back to now.

Josh_ Thanks this.
  10. almostthere

May 23, 2010
    MN
    I got an e mail "fact sheet" from the recruiter I talked to. The heading reads rr truckload Milwaukee division address is listed as 19 mchue rd, Batesville arkansas. Shows rate at 85% of revenue, avg weelky gross of 4500 or more, all 48 states, trlr rental required, hazmat required. I had asked her for truckload plus but I'm thinking this is the t2t program. Does this sound to you like the t2t? I'm guessing t2t is no drop and hook at all due to trlr rental?
    In initially asking about the truckload plus she told me they are working on a load board app for smart phones for drivers but had no idea when it would be ready.

Josh_ Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    What you are describing sounds like Truckload Plus. The main clue is the 85%-- i meant to write that T2T is mileage rate and the percentages only apply to rr agent brokered loads.

T P pays straight 85% rate for every load. No running terminal to terminal-- well unless they had too much freight to move at a particular terminal and put it out on the open market load boards.

CREASEY TRANS and almostthere Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.