Roadrunner transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MR314, Dec 11, 2012.

1. t660man

t660man Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2013
    You've maid a fantastic decision going on your own. I went that route many yrs ago and have built a small but very successful company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kersey

Kersey Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Took a break from the forum for a while. What could I help you with?

R.Hagar Thanks this.
  4. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Just wanted to know why you left and went to brugner... I been at A and A since April 15th.
    Thanks

5. Kersey

Kersey Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I still have friends that haul for A&A. Where I live I had a hard time getting home and an even harder time getting back on the road. Bruengers rates were a little better too.

itaff and R.Hagar Thank this.
  6. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Bruengers rates: As you may know RRTS owns Bruenger. From what I have heard from there drivers is that RRTS is starting to or planning to cut the rates like they did with R & M. RRTS has already started cleaning house at Bruenger. R & M no longer has the percentage pay & went to mileage pay .95cpm + FSC Wont be long RRTS will do the same to Bruenger.

7. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I was getting 90% of gross, now there saying 85% ?? Lies Lies Lies. When the brokers and RRTS agents get there cut!!! your left with 85% of 70% minimum.. hum not a good deal.

9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Truckload plus is an option but the new rules since the beginning of the year is that if you are close to a terminal first you have to check with them to see about available outbound freight. Truckload plus can't load you unless the terminal 'releases' you. I have been held up 2-4 days at 6 different terminals in the last couple months. Then if you do get released the RR agent will offer you a rate then you factor in the 92% (my contract is 92% first broker load) you see that you are agreeing to a Swift rate. I've told them straight out before if I wanted to run for Swift rates I'd just lease back onto Swift.

Pick your own freight? according to the ad? Yeah if the definition of that is calling the RR agent who searches the load boards for you and you get to pick which one of the cheap loads you will take from him.

drlmi Thanks this.
  10. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    I figured as much. What keeps you with them? Waiting 2 - 4 days would drive most people, including me, to quit. I run sea containers right now but stay out for the week. This makes the pay work out better than usual container work. The funny thing is when I look at these other companies my gig doesn't seem so bad.

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

The biggest reason I stay is because of the rental trailer. To turn it in would require 8 new tires and all new brakes. Plus I was talked into putting vents in it which would require to be patched up and sealed. What I'm holding out for is for things to get back to what they were so I can pay off the trailer and either stay if things improve or take my equipment somewhere else.

The next reason I stay is because T2T is exactly my cup of tea (not the waiting around part) compared to irregular route 48 state stuff.

DarkhorseEnterprises Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.