Roadrunner transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MR314, Dec 11, 2012.

1. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Since you live in tx you could do well with bruenger ez to get through the hse at least once a week and the tx outbound rates are some of the highest in comp i,ve been here three months and am pretty happy so far.....
    It is true that their business model is out and back from ks any questions feel free to ask

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. txqtrucker

txqtrucker Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    Do you own your own truck or do you LP. I have leased before with JCT and I have some positive/negatives with LP. What are your thoughts?

4. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I leased from jct way back when.....not really my cup of tea i got this truck for 8k 4 years ago it would be my recommendation to keep your expenses as low and predictable as possible
    All lease trucks will be used fleet trucks with questionable emissions components you could be walking into a landmine funny thing about freight rates they don,t care how much your truck note is

5. txqtrucker

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    Yeah I agree with you on that! The LP I am leery about. I made money with JCT but had to run to hard to get out of the hole when I went home and came back out! I think I am going to pass on the LP with arrow and go get some flatbed experience with lone star out of Gainesville TX as a company guy save some more $$ and buy me a truck hopefully by July 2014.

6. Kevin horn

Kevin horn Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2013
    I'm thinking the lease with arrow and roadrunner isn't or normal lease purchase like with transam or swift or how ever.. U can get a newer truck for about 400 a week instead of the 550 a week at these other companies plus YOU run that truck no dispatches to tell you where to go and decides how many miles you get a week all that is on you..

7. txqtrucker

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    Yeah they are saying $410 per week and from my understanding M Bruenger drivers normally are out 6 to 8 days and then off according to the recruiter. I was told pay is 70% of the load and the loads are dispatched. So I would not be able to pick my loads - that's kind of a negative. Are there any Lease Purchase drivers on here pulling for Roadrunner/M Bruenger? If so how are you guys doing and how do you manage hometime?

8. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Thats with a cali run....but you do pick your outbound freight then they find you a load back if you aprove of it so living in texas you could run texas freight and stop in the hse as much as u want ..,i may be in sh##list this week as i screwed over night fispatch as after sitting for 24 hrs on a load he gave my get home load to another driver "who needed to get home" he had the nerve to tell me i was taking a load north with an xtra 160 dh miles not what me and dayshift agreed on
    My point is not to gripe as i politely tod him i am two hrs from my hse as we speak and in the interest of getting ur driver hme i,ll just go home your guy can run my load and good luck covering the north run
    This my friend is why you want your own preferably.paid off truck but i dont mind being asked to do a favor but don,t tell me what i,m going to do because you will never like my answer

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I spoke with a driver out in Elkton, MD who was running for one of the Road Runner reefer companies. He was lease purchasing his truck through RR.

The driver was pretty happy. Said he was making the most money he ever has, since he's been in the business. One thing he did point out, was there is a mandatory maintenance account - I think a fixed amount each week. Access to and the use of those funds is controlled by RR and could only be used for maintenance and not consumables.

10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Have been looking into RR for a few months and would like to know what the freight is like around Roanoke Va. area? I would appreciate any and all information about this area.

Terry

11. scooter101

scooter101 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2013
    tobytob, just went thru orientation, no info was given about available load boards. could you give me some guidance to where to find these load boards? thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.