Roehl 14/7 van or refrigerated

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by CP1974, Apr 23, 2015.

1. CP1974

CP1974 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Does Roehl have a terminal or dropyard in Richmond VA?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    If you go to http://www.roehl.jobs/corp/about-roehl , at the bottom of the page is a section called "Our Locations" with a link called "map." If you click on the map link, it will bring up a Google map with all their present terminal and drop yard locations marked.

It looks like presently, the closest location to Richmond, VA is a drop yard just south of Bensalem, PA.

lucasheart Thanks this.
  4. lucasheart

lucasheart Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2014
    We have a location in Richmond, VA. I am behind in updating the map on the site.

technoroom and CP1974 Thank this.
  5. CP1974

CP1974 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the information. Just talked to Cody today all they are waiting on is Fox Valley to confirm my attendance. Looks like I will be going to orietation May 18th.

6. freenow

freenow Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    North Freedom, WI
    E62, I'm looking into Roehl also. I have heard good and not so good things about Roehl. But the way I look at it. If you work hard, show them you have a good work ethic, the raises will come. You have to take the good with the bad, know matter where you work. Good luck!

7. ET62

ET62 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    NY, NY
    June 1st I received my 2nd raise; started solo on Feb 25th. I now earn 4.5ct more then when I started.

4 months into my career; I draw conclusion that the industry has many issues. Roehl being a smaller part of that industry is only so much able to make the changes. I don't have any large negative which I think are solely Roehl's.

My biggest negative so far is the amount of time wasted at customers docks. Too often it takes 4 to 6 hrs to load or unload my trailer. Part of my frustration is the compensation for those delays, for the another part it is quite inhuman to sit still in your cab for 6 hours a day with nothing to do. Limited access to restrooms, food and internet.
    IMO the industry need to force shipper and consignees to get their act together and on average load under 2hrs. Plus these massive food warehouse should provide some basic service to drivers; restrooms, decent food and wifi.

8. freenow

freenow Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    North Freedom, WI
    I thought that might be the case, with reefer driving.Plus all that wait time eats up your drive time. I don't think I am going to start with that. It would suck. I'm guessing van, is alot of drop and hook? Are you getting the miles you wanted as a reefer driver, with Roehl? If I go for this, I want miles! as much as posible.

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  9. ET62

ET62 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    NY, NY
    In a two week period I have anything from 5400 to above 6000. I haven't calculated an average; but my guess would be above 5750.

10. freenow

freenow Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    North Freedom, WI
    Thanks very much, for the info!

11. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    I work the 14/7 plan. Will get home tomorrow mid afternoon with 6518 paid miles for my 14 days. Since March my lowest paid miles was 5600 miles and I was home after 12 1/2 days. Gotta push you're del times but miles are there, just short length oh haul.

freenow and ET62 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.