Roehl - Dairyland Fleet, Refrigerated Midwest Regional Fleet or Van Midwest Regional?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Trucker Smith, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Trucker Smith

Trucker Smith Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    What is better for Money and miles Dairyland Fleet, Refrigerated Midwest Regional Fleet or Van Midwest Regional Fleet? I would call a recruiter but i learned that most of them lie to get you in there. I want hear it from the horses mouth.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Well I had a Roehl driver last week tell me dairyland fleet was bad for miles.

4. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Some like dairyland, some don't. Had one student try it. She said she would have 3 or 4 different runs in one day sometimes. Lots of short stuff and dealing with shippers and receivers. She wasn't on it long. Now I've heard a couple drivers claim they like it. It's hard to say. All depends on what fits what you're looking for.

5. WiTrucker29

WiTrucker29 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Madison, WI
    It all depends on what your looking for, for miles and money. I was on Dairyland and loved it. I averaged 2000 miles a week and was home sat/sun(few times i came home sat morning but was home before 9). What you lose in miles you make up for in Drop/Hook and Live unload pay. Drop and hook I believe was $7 and Live was $15. So it all evened out in the end.

Trucker Smith Thanks this.
  6. Trucker Smith

Mar 28, 2012
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    What about the Refrigerated Midwest Regional Fleet or Van Midwest Regional Fleet side?

7. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm on Midwest Regional Dedicated Refrigerated Fleet and have learned in the last week that we have more loads than trailers at this point. They have ordered new trailers but they are slow to arrive as many companies are after new reefer trailers now that business is good. More are on the way, but it has reduced our D&H rate and miles by a few hundred weekly. They're saying miles will return to 2,400-2,800/week once more new trailers arrive. I like this fleet so I can be home a couple days a week (reset) so I can run full days (14-11) during the week.

Trucker Smith Thanks this.
  8. Trucker Smith

Mar 28, 2012
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    The OSU, when do you get home?

9. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can run whatever schedule you want. I usually run Tue-Sat then home Sun-Mon, but it can vary by a day on either end. If I have a student I stay out until they are ready for their own truck then go home for 3-4 days.

10. Trucker Smith

Mar 28, 2012
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    Thank you for your replay back

11. HaulinThruLife

HaulinThruLife Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    So, what is the difference between Dairyland and the Midwest Regional Dedicated Refer Fleet? They are both reefer and out a week...correct?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.