Roehl Orientation - January 26, 2015 - New Driver Experiences

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ChrisL, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Day 1: Paperwork, Pre-work screen, Drug screens, (urine and hair follicle) DOT physical and some classroom work which consisted of understanding paper logs and map reading / trip planning. No mention of a driving simulator on location, so probably there isn't one at this terminal. I'll ask tomorrow to verify.

Class size is six, everyone made it through day one. Pretty nice terminal, only several years old. Instructors are pretty cool. Robert and Stephanie.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ismith304

Ismith304 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    I will be there 2/2/2015 also

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Awesome! Then I'll end up seeing you at the terminal or perhaps Sunday at the hotel. Though I hope to be watching the game. They keep you pretty busy here. 7am - 5pm.

5. Ismith304

Ismith304 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Ready to get busy and get through the training

6. BigCaesar

BigCaesar Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    I'll be in class mid February. Anxious for your updates.

7. BigCaesar

BigCaesar Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Looking forward to the updates

8. Ismith304

Ismith304 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Just confirmed flight ready to roll out Sunday morning

9. BigCaesar

BigCaesar Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Also when do the paychecks start

10. RavenHairedGemini

RavenHairedGemini Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Anywhere Away From There
    I'll be rollin into the Marshfield school this weekend..... Be listening to the game on ((XM)) and Praying I don't get snowed or iced in on the road :/

11. ChrisL

ChrisL Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Hello everyone.

Day 2: Today was pretty good. The morning half of the day consisted of hearing Roehl's philosophy of their way to remain safe and to be responsible for your actions. The Safe Seven. Video presentations and group discussion. It was VERY informative and it definitely opens up your eyes to help you become more aware of your actions while driving.

Second half of the day after lunch we did a pre-trip inspection and then the class was divided into three groups of two. Me and a fellow student have Bill for our instructor. Really informative, knowledgeable, and pretty good guy. Bill drove us around the area as we couldn't drive on the public roads until we get our DOT drug screen results back which will be tomorrow morning. After we returned, we did drive around the property of the terminal. Getting a feel for the truck. Roehl does require you to double clutch. At least for us, no floating.

Tomorrow - Saturday, we are scheduled for truck activities all day.

BigCaesar,

Monday thru Monday (8 days) is orientation. If you're hired by Roehl on the eigth day (Monday), the first pay check would be on that Thursday. $300 (half of the $600 orientation pay) then the following Thursday would be the second $300 plus anything extra from when you started with your trainer if that makes any sense. Sorry, learning as I go as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.