Roehl's CDL School

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by HaulinThruLife, May 14, 2015.

1. 19kM-1Driver

19kM-1Driver Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    I paid cash for my CDL school and glad I did. I worked at Roehl very recently and did ok there. I never had much for issues that you don't have at any other job. I had a great working relationship with my Fleet Manager. I just wasn't getting paid enough to want to stay. One of my biggest pet peeves was their SLOWWWWW fuel and routing plans. They route you to your destination based on their biggest expense, FUEL. I understand that but I intentionally ignored the routing plan that would take me through a couple places that were choked with traffic lights and traffic, no matter what time of day. (Chicago/ Gary area). Hard to get the miles with their plans and they don't pay practical miles. They only pay cpm's to the hub area and if you drive 30 miles across town they don't pay miles. Like I said I did real good there and kept myself quiet and did my job. Ran hard and kept my truck clean and in good working order. It's a good place to work and they treat you well if you do your job, work hard and try to improve yourself each day. I'm just glad I didn't tie myself to them for any length of time. The last time i did that was in the Army, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 19kM-1Driver

19kM-1Driver Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Michigan
    By the way, it is a good place to get a start. If you decide to go to your own local school. Keep this in mind. If you start with them straight out of your school, you'll still be tied to them because they will put you through a company paid Van or Flatbed training at their location, which ties you to them for a 1 year minimum, even though you paid for your schooling. I'm not discouraging you from choosing them at all, just making you informed. I believe they are a great place to get a a start, probably better than most large Company fleets. I don't regret my time with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.