Rt&t enterprises

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cheyenne1953, Oct 15, 2016.

1. cheyenne1953

cheyenne1953 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I've seen some questions on here about RT and T Enterprises. Normally I don't get on here and complained about companies and if you've been out here for any length of period of time we all know that sometimes the grass is greener on the other side but most of the times all you do is find leaves. This company is on his way down the toilet. That's company will promise you a blue sky on a cloudy day I've been here for 3 years and since the first year I've been here I've taken around $80,000 cut in Revenue. Yep your loads will be real good first couple years equipment is used some of the equipment is good but all in all they want you to keep coming back to the shop that they own. The operations manager claims that they have a 70% customer Freight and 30% broker Freight I beg to differ right now I am sitting at 70% or higher broker Freight and about 25% or lower customer Freight. You pay for everything they do not pay for tolls very rarely do they pay for scales and all your fixed expenses come out of your pocket and there's also little incidental expenses such as if you get a speeding ticket or things like that they fine you for it. They claim they are non forced dispatch but if you turn down a load 3% comes right off the top of your revenue for 30 days whole lot of hidden things in this company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    So is RT&T a "Lease/Purchase" company only? Their web site is confusing.

Ick!!!

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. cheyenne1953

cheyenne1953 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Yes but you can bring your own truck on

5. never late always behind

never late always behind Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    According to the numbers fixed costs are about 975 so with fuel that's around 1800 to 2000 a week expenses. Brian told me after expenses would be about 1000 to 1200 net before taxes which means about 3000 to 3500 gross to the truck a week. So if you dropped 80000 a year in revenue that's a 45 to 60 percent cut. So either you meant 8000 a year cut or your story is fishy.

6. never late always behind

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    You also say they cut you 3% for turning down loads when what they tell you up front is if you don't turn down loads they give you an extra 3%. Wording is everything.

7. never late always behind

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    My bad cheyenne1953. Just finished orientation week you for the most part are right. Hauled 3 short loads all broker loads even the first load from the yard. Second load bounced 97 miles empty to pick up loaded trailer for a re delivery 40 miles away. Had to spend 21 dollars on toll to make del appt with in log hours even though load only paid 76 dollars to the truck. Minus fuel and expenses it cost me out of pocket to haul that load. The other two loads besides being broker loads were scrap paper. We all know how well those don't pay. As far as the trucks go they about 30% to 40% higher than retail at a dealer. I knew this going in and never planned on keeping their truck very long anyway. I was checking them out first before buying a truck out right to lease on. They seem to pass every possible expense and liability on to lp's and oo's they can. Like you said if you get a traffic ticket of some kind you not only pay your fine to the government they charge you a company fine out of your settlement. Supposed to be in the interest of promoting safety. The only fuel discount they have is 3 cents at TA/Petro otherwise pump price is it. As far as freight they only seem to have 3 direct customers otherwise broker loads. Regardless of how they paint it the 3% bonus not with standing they really are forced dispatch. If you don't have a very valid reason for turning down a load you will be looking at termination. Not liking the rate or a bad customer is no excuse. Their words not mine. The 3 loads I've hauled so far miles wise were 232 with 87 deadhead 40 with 97 deadhead and 121 miles with Mondays load at 102 miles with 125 deadhead. To put it in a nutshell they seem to be nice folks but your not going to make any real money unless you run as hard as you can [ they push the 8/2 log rule hard] and even then you'll be lucky to clear 850 to 900 a week before taxes unless you're willing to fingerprint freight [mattresses and carpet padding] you get a whopping 2% more. As far as midwest regional home weekends seems to be true but only for your 34. I also found out the local bank holds the titles to the trucks they don't so take that how you will. To put them in perspective the have a total of 67 trucks or so .I can't speak for their otr side then didn't seem to talk about much either so it must not be much. I will say I will try it for a little longer but based on everything so far I'll be leaving soon. Not the best place I've ever been but certainly not the worst but it doesn't seem to be for me at this point.

Mr Nasty, Lonesome and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  8. never late always behind

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    Well second week complete albeit a short one with turkey day. Completed Monday's 102 mile load bounced 54 miles for a 280 mile broker load then bounced 14 miles for yet another broker load going 260 miles that took 5 hours to load and 3 and half to unload. Bounced 35 miles home as it was Wednesday afternoon. All total for 3 and a half days work grossed about $1175 to the truck. That makes about $ 2400 to the truck for a full week not good at all. Of 6 loads hauled so far 5 were broker loads that' worse than 70/30. Was told drop n hook was 50/50 it's not any where near that mostly live loads with so many broker loads. Now here's the best part I get a call Friday while attending a family function for Thanksgiving it was a call from RT&T it was the recruiter. He said he had seen a post on the trucker's forum he thought might be me and he was none to happy and what was my problem. Needless to say I was going to stay awhile and see if would get better but since this guy decided to make this call I am done and will be returning their truck. Now I understand the internet is public and any one can see our posts here I wouldn't expect a company rep to be watching the forum waiting for comments. As I was being civil and truthful as possible in my post this person should not have had any reason to call me. While he has every right to read this forum, without absolute proof it was me who commented he should not have called. I was merely agreeing with cheyenne1953 and giving my honest opinion for the benefit of others. It's no secret that some of the positive posts on RT&T have come from their office computers or one time posters. If RT&T or their employees find a need to watch this forum to see what their drivers are saying clearly there are some real problems and certainly no trust. It's clear to me this company is trying to pass as much financial responsibility and liability as they legally can to the lease purchase guys (they used to have company drivers) and 0/0's while still benefiting in the profits. Everything cheyenne1953 said and more is true. IMO

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    Recruiters or office staff regularly troll here doing damage control for their co.

10. never late always behind

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    Yes sir I pretty much knew that but the place was no good any way. Just made my decision easier when they called. Nice ride by the way.

Pete jockey Thanks this.
  11. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Wait wait, you hauled a short ld that only paid what. 76 dollars. No way would I even release my park brake for that low of money. Put another zero behind that.76 and to the left of the decimal point...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.