Rule Mandating Speed Limiters Delayed Again

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Straight Stacks, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    In other words, the government threw us a bone temporally.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  3. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    The latest I read is that the commenting period will end on Monday, May/16/16 at 11:59 pm.
    I spent some time today reading some comments for and against the regulation. There are only 3,856 comments and lots and lots are for the regulation... :biggrin_2552:
    It's not too early to post our comments there... And the more the better... Here is the link to post comments for those interested...

https://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=NHTSA-2007-26851

If they pass this idiotic and dangerous rule... it's going to be chaos on the roads... :biggrin_2552:
    Be prepared for more accidents and total rage against trucks... :angryfire:
    And what will come next?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    wore out and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Rule mandating speed limiters delayed again
    BY TRUCKERS NEWS STAFF
    APRIL 18, 2016

[​IMG]

The projected publication dates of two looming trucking regulations have been delayed again, according to the Department of Transportation’s monthly regulatory update. The delayed rules include a proposal to require speed limiters and one to develop a database of truckers who have failed a drug or alcohol test.

The DOT removed projected dates from the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would require speed limiters on heavy trucks. The projection for OMB clearance and publication are now “Spring 2016.” In March’s report, the rule was set to clear OMB on April 22 and publish on April 28.

This rule could require governors on all trucks weighing more than 27,000 pounds. The proposed rule, has been stuck in the White House’s Office of Management and Budget since May 2015.

A Final Rule that would implement the Commercial Driver’s License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is now projected to be sent to the White House’s Office of Management and Budget on May 6 and published on Aug. 16. In March’s DOT report, the rule was set to be sent to OMB on April 18 and published July 28.

The rule will establish a database of CDL holders that have failed or refused a drug test and requires carriers to upload this information to FMCSA at least annually. It would also require carriers to query the database when hiring drivers.

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    This law passes and I'm taking a local job or I'm out. Not going to drive out here with a bunch of idiots in 65mph trucks...just ain't gonna happen.

NWAF, DTP, poppapump1332 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. jmed54

jmed54 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I think what's gonna happen if this passes is there is gonna be a hell of a lot of truck drivers quitting.
    I read a week or two ago someone is working on legislation to remove detention pay, layover pay and breakdown pay.The trucking industry is going straight down the toilet.

8. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    It's gna pass. Stop dreaming drivers, beside removing the "1am - 5am" rule, what else have we fought and won? On paper this 65mph is a great idea...... and these people never drove a truck... so they won't understand.

But oh well. I still make money with or without speed limiter

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    It's all about what the big corporations want ....

They wanted the 1-5am thing gone. They want speed limiters they will get them.....

gokiddogo and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  10. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Detention, layover and breakdown pay are all things mandated by the company you work for. I fail to see how the federal government has any oversight on whether I am paid detention pay at my companies set rate...

unloader

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.